Living Reefs T-Shirt Contest!

I will get it done this week though.

129157477066831452.gif

I didn't tell you because it was a trip planned at the last minute, my plane arrived at midnight on Wednesday, and I spent all Thursday at the stadium with NDB, and I left Friday! There just wasn't any time to do much except watch NDB work!

We will be back in December and I will plan that trip for a bit longer so we can meet! I would love to see your "for reals" tank and validate that it's not all Photoshop trickery, hahaha!

I didn't tell you because it was a trip planned at the last minute, my plane arrived at midnight on Wednesday, and I spent all Thursday at the stadium with NDB, and I left Friday! There just wasn't any time to do much except watch NDB work!

We will be back in December and I will plan that trip for a bit longer so we can meet! I would love to see your "for reals" tank and validate that it's not all Photoshop trickery, hahaha!

Its probably just a ten gallon tank. Its just his photography skillz are just that good:mrgreen:

I lived in Houston for a year and a half and thought it was pretty cool too. Lots and lots to do all hours of the day, and I bet you have some pretty nice LFS too. Sure it's got it's issues but I bet you there are a lot worse places to live..... like Tucson!

I lived in Houston for a year and a half and thought it was pretty cool too. Lots and lots to do all hours of the day, and I bet you have some pretty nice LFS too. Sure it's got it's issues but I bet you there are a lot worse places to live..... like Tucson!

That's exactly my line of thinking.

And apparently, there are these things called "jobs" in Houston too!

Downtown sucks unless you're into the bar scene which i'm not. They keep trying to make it better but it's such a 9-5 type of city. Just like Rochester, NY was... it pretty much shuts down at night. It's getting better but it will never be like NY or Chicago that runs non-stop. As a whole, Houston is very spread out with busses and cabs being the only public transportation, plus one rail system that runs from downtown to the Medical Center.
The weather is too freakin humid to want to do anything outdoors from May-September, although I do force myself to do it anyway. This also keeps downtown from being active on weekends and weeknights. Everyone would rather be inside in the AC. So theirs plenty of shopping. Movies. Restaurants and bars galore. You will NEVER go hungry in Houston. Gyms. Museums.... lots of art, i gotta give Houston props for that.
So ya, it's ok... but if family or friends were coming in from out of town, I wouldn't know what to do with them.

We didn't go to any bars, but we ate at a couple of Christian's favorite restaurants (he lived there for a year and a half in 2005/2006 or so). We did have a couple hours to kill before we had to catch our flights back, so we visited the Downtown Aquarium (wayyyy cool saltwater stuff in there) and walked around the Galleria mall for a bit.

The restaurant scene is what sucked me in. I wanted to try everything we drove by (which is a miniscule fraction of what the city has to offer). I think we drove by more restaurants in our limited day and a half there than there is in all of Tucson, and I think Tucson has a pretty good variety and number of restaurants.

Back