Lobo and Blasto Placement

Sammydog

Reefing newb
I was hoping I could get some advice from people who have Lobo and Blasto in their tanks.

I picked up a Lobo and Blasto yesterday at the LFS. I have placed them in the tank based on my discussion with the shop (they are pretty good), but when I got home and did some more research there is so much conflicting advice about light and flow requirements.

As you can see in the photos I have placed them lower in the tank and in a medium area of flow. The lights are Illumagic Blaze LED's.

I fed them both last night with some Mysis and will look to do this twice a week max.So, how are you guys placing them in your tanks?

lobo2.jpg

lobo.jpg

I have some Magma Blastos pretty low in my tank and they're doing great. I feed them once a week (pellets). I have some Red/Green Blastos that I have placed towards the middle and they seem happy but I have only had them a few months. I have a 6-buld T5 fixture.

I'm running A mix of reef capable and DIY LEDs my red and green blastsos and lobo are on the sand in medium flow and doing great. Yours look happy for only being in there for a day, if they continue to look like this give them a week before you think about moving them. But if they start to stay closed up for a whole day move them a little.

It honestly took less than an hour for them to both expand. The Lobo was much quicker to go for the food last night though. If they continue to look as they are I won't be moving them as they are visible from avery angle looking at the tank.

The shop also threw in a piece of Echinophyllia (about 1/2 inch diameter) that has broken off a larger piece. They weren't sure if it would survive but just said to throw it in my tank and see. I've put it in the the top of the tank high light/flow and it is neon orange most of the time the lights are on. Fingers crossed it pulls through.

Don't know what I was reading last night, but now you've said that I've looked around the net again and it confirms everything you've said. Too many beers at the Football maybe??

Glad I haven't glued it down yet. Time to find a more suitable place in the tank. Thanks for the heads up.

Back