Local Craiglist Add - Worth The Price?

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Fish Tanks and Sump for sale

Whats that 40g with stand and canopy worth? Assuming it's not been contaminated with copper and assuming it's in decent shape.

Is that 20g acrylic sump worth $50?

I want to rip my 30g display apart and rebuild it. But a 40g tank build would be more fun. :mrgreen:

Just don't want to go too big yet (still live in an apartment) because of space and $$$ to set up a biggun. 40g is just about right though. :D

I would say the 40 is definitely worth it. Not so on the sump. Why not use the 40 as a DT and your 30 convert into a sump

What the hell, get that clock too!

Last edited:
Buy the clock and ship it to Catherine (Picasso) for a seahorse tank. :D

My existing 30g tank is a HIGH version. It would make a crappy sump because it's short (left too right), but really tall. 24x12x24. I can come up with a sump for it someplace - thats no big deal.

I posted an add on CL as well. Selling all the live rock and corals out of that 30H display tank. It's all beginner zoas and mushrooms. I want to move on to an LPS dominated tank soon. Somebody already responded to my ad and they are coming by tomorrow to take a look at the 30g tank. I'm hoping to sell at least $50 - $100 worth of rock and corals tomorrow. That would pay for the 40g tank & stand at least.

If I can get the rocks and corals from this 30H sold in the next week or two, I'd be happy. Just clearing it out would be a huge step in the right direction.

Nemo can live in the 29g frag tank for now. I'm sure he and the 3-stripe damsel (Marty) will fight a little, but if I transplant Nemos lime green palys with him - maybe it won't be too much stress on either fish? He hosts in the palys.

The 40g. sounds like a smokin' deal to me.Tank,stand,lights and canopy sounds really,really good.The 20 sounds good too.

I hope the fish like to swim up and down in the clock tank..lol.

That's why I thought it would be fun to crate it up and send it to Catherine. I think sea horses like a lot of vertical room to swim.

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal on the tank, I would think you can talk him down because it looks like the stand canopy might need a makeover. I'd pass on the sump unless he dropped it to $20-30. Just keep telling how much cleaning you're going to have to do to the tank...He obviously didn't want to do it, he wants that stuff out of his garage as bad as you want it in your living room.

After studying that sump for a bit, I don't want it. I'm way too picky for a factory made sump. My luck, it would have at least one stupid aspect to the design or some kind of detritus trap someplace and I'd be forever frustrated. I'd much rather buy a 20L and slap some baffles in it for myself. :mrgreen:

I sent him an email. Hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow. I smell another tank build in my future.

Just talked to the seller. The tank is 48 long x 12 wide x 20 tall . I think that's 55g, isn't it?

Might be too big for my apartment. If I'm going to set up a 4 foot tank - I got a 90g sitting here. Just can't afford the cost right now.

Back