long tentacle plate coral

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
are these corals hard to care for?
do they need fed or do they just require lighting?
placement in tank?
flow?

Thanks ahead of time

are these corals hard to care for?
do they need fed or do they just require lighting?
placement in tank?
flow?

Thanks ahead of time

Pretty normal LPS conditions. Moderate flow, moderate lighting. Everytime I have seen these corals in aquariums they are always on the substrate. They are pretty agressive and can inflate to make them that much bigger so take caution in placement and allow it to have plenty of room.

they are usually easy some people can not keep them alive no matter what they do. biff has killed many of them trying diifferent ones to see if they will live.

Typical LPS,that has to be on the sandbed.They can move themselves by inflateing and deflateing themselves.

mine ate one of my baby fishes, the lil baby fish jumped into the back part of my tank got caught in the pump poor lil guy i found him he was weak swimming around i was hoping he would come back then he swam into the plate coral an it was a done deal ate him alive

i have 2 plate corals they r about 1/4 of an inch long * the tentacles * i noticed when i move the them around in the tank they seem to never open up or tentacles dont come out. they seem to be picky sometimes to certain spots. certain light and flow just when u get him try a couple of spots every other day and see what makes him/her happy. thats what i did now the 2 i have r always fluffed up and look real happy.

I've had a short green for a few weeks and they seem easy to care for --as long as nitrates and phosphates are at zero. He eats sushi voraciously.

Back