Longnose hawkfish help

surferido

funky buttlovin
i bought a longnose about 2 weeks ago and he was loving the tank when it just had a overhang filter and powerhead. since then i added another powerhead and a skimmer and now the hawkfish is just sitting around the sand and not cruising the rocks like before. hes breathing and still bright colored, he flares his fins when i come close and lets them down. when i feed the fish he seems intrested (looking around and flaring fins) but then does not go for it. i feed them frozen brine shrimp and flakes every so often. all the other fish are cruising around having a good time and the water tests are good. should i be worried?

soak the food in garlic extract to entice a feeding response and if he is hiding away from the flow then it means its too much for him and it could potentially kill the fish

recently something similar happened to my tang when increased my water flow. How long has it been since you added more water movement? It took my tang a few days to adjust but eventually he came around. If its been a while, then +1 dustin.

about 4 days or so he was chilling on the lr and then he just started sitting on the bottom...he used to sit in front of the powerhead next to the rock

I'm guessing the added flow has thrown him off a little.
Plus the brine shrimp your feeding,has no nutrients in it.So thats also something to look at.Try feeding mysis shrimp instead,and get completely away from those flakes.Their bad for your water quality.

Back