Looking for a new fish

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
So far, in my 55 gallon, I have a clown, wm goby, jawfish, wrasse, and a yellow tang. I am going to be getting rid of the yellow tank shortly, due to the fact that he is getting too big for my 55. But I am going to miss the nice "show peice" fish. I am looking for replacements other than a Tang. What would you guys suggest? I would like a pair of anthias, but is it true that you need to feed them twice a day?

Thanks.

I actually feed mine three times a day.In the wild they graze all day on zooplankton is one of the reasons they recommend feeding often.Another is most are at near starvation when they get to the LFS.I feel that I'm feeding mine more often but not necessary more food than if they were other fish.I believe twice a day would be about perfect for Bartlett's and Lyretails which are the two easiest anthias.IMO.I woulf go as far to say,one decent feeding a day is enough once they get fatten up for a month.

Almost forgot,get all females or one male/female.Males are agressive to females and especially to other males.Two male bartlett's can co-exist,maybe some tail swatting from time to time but two male lyretails can get vicious with one another.

Last edited:
Anthias are a great buy for showpiece fish. A nice school is perfect. I saw a variety new to me at the LFS, called purple square anthias. Simply striking. Worth looking at. Bartletts are so hardy, though. Once a day is sufficient. That is all I feed mine and they are plump and happy. A neon goby is also pretty.

-Doc

I have one dispar in my tank (I think). It lives with other squamipinnis and sunburst anthias. They are one of the easier types of anthias to keep.

How about a Coral beauty!!! or NO!! I got it a Flame Angel ! All the color you can ask for in a show piece fish

Back