Looking for different reef safe fish

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
:bounce:Any suggestions on some different reef fish that aren't some of the most common types? (clowns,yellow tangs, etc)

Thanks!:^:

one you done see alot is firefish just because they are timid and dont do well when people add clowns. check out some flasher wrasses i had a filimented flassher wrass it is now my avatar.

They are great fish, but make sure you pick ones that aren't deep water species -- those are usually incompatible with our lights and water temps.

I recommend my favorite fish ever -- leopard wrasse, of course!

Also, check out scissortail dartfish. Those are not very common fish to see, but are cool looking and inexpensive.

I would recommend that you go to a place like liveaquaria and look through their selection. Pick out a few that you like and post them here for advice. There are so many options, and it's really going to come down to what you prefer. My suggestion would be a foxface or the above stated leopard / divided leopard wrasse, or both! :)

Two words..... Candy Basslet

Unfortunately, accompanied by three words... Really Freakin' Expensive!

0630091-040.jpg

Wow, those are expensive!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I already have anthias and I run my tank open top, so wrasses are out for me. :( too bad because I love wrasses. I did just pick up a nice looking mccosker wrasse for my bc29.

Hmmm... make my car payment for the next two months or buy one of those BEAUTIFUL Candy Basslets... What to do... What to do???

holy crap, thier pretty, but they aint no 900 bucks pretty, nothing that can just up and die for no reason is worth 900, not to me anyway...

Back