Looking for DIY LED services.

I've been thinking about doing some supplemental LED's for my AI setup. I'm mostly happy with the setup I have now, but I'd really like to get some red/green/UV/cyan in the mix. I've got the option of upgrading to the new AI's with the red and the green, but I still feel its missing the UV/Cyan portion of the spectrum

How hard is it to wire these things up? I was thinking of the thin heat sink that Rapid Offers, and running it across my tank the long way.

It is not bad but you do need to have wiring and soldering experience. or.. take a look at the new Aquaticlife 1W expandable systems. I just added the 36" long 54 watt one to my tank... I like it.. but these do not dim.. but my rapidLED ones do... so I'm good to go.

A RapidLED setup compared to a 1 Watt setup is like comparing a Ferrari to a Chevroley- plus my tank is way too deep for a fixture using 1 watt LED's

It looks like they offer soderless UV's and Cyans now - so I'll probably just go that route

I would be willing to do the soldering/wiring etc for anyone that might be overwhelmed with the thought of doing it themselves. Send me a PM and we'll discuss what the best way to do it is...

I've spent the last 12 years working in maintenance and engineering. Specifically I work in broadcast television - soldering/wiring/electronics are all old hat -

MW

Back