looking for more lfs in OC, Calif.

Nimboli12

Reefee
Any membes here in Orange County Calif. know of other lfs's other than Tongs? Coral Island on Chapman has closed. They were great for corals but not so for fish. I'd like to order from Liveaquaria but the shipping is so expensive. Thx.

For fish? Age of Aquariums in Signal Hill. But you also have Reef Raft in Garden Grove, and Amazing aquariums and Reefs in Orange. Sexy Coral is over-priced.

Appreciate your response however Amazing is never open and they don't have a professional phone system. Don't kow why their even there. Driven by there many times and its just a small store space w/a couple of aquariums. Signal Hill is in LA County.

Im bascially looking for a member here that has actuallly been into a reef or saltwater fish store here in OC and has bought good quality fish and or corals other than Tongs.

I have been to every one of those stores, numerous times. Amazing has never been closed when I was there, not sure why you are not finding them open. And yes Signal Hill is in L.A. county but considering what you say you are looking for I threw it in. It is only 10 minutes up the 405 from the 22 split!

OK. Amazing is only open from 2-6pm & closed on Tuesdays. Fridays from 12 til 6 . That's why Im not finding them open.! I figured they'd have normal business hours. Will try Age of Aquariums this week. Thanks again!

Went to Age of Aquariums. Beautiful, & very helpful. A guy there said that The Reef Raft had just closed his doors to the public. He's by appointment only. Went to Age of Aquariums. Really nice corals & tanks. He only specializes in corals & small fish. Gave me some good lighting advice for my tank. How he stays in business being open an average of 28 hrs a week.

Told you about Age. Reef Raft did not close his doors. He (Tony) is opening a second location in the Bay Area. I was just in his shop in Garden Grove about 3 weeks ago.

Well the guy in Age told us this has happened within the last couple of days, on Monday 3/10). The guy said that Reef Raft is by appt. only now. I'm not trying to argue with you fastrd, Im just telling you what he said.

I believe you. I've heard a bunch of stuff about them, The New store opens up here this month so I'll ask him what's up while he is here.

The new Store is in Fremont and should be opening soon, which may be why the Garden Grove Store is by appt. only now. I'll have to ask one of the guys up here running it exactly when it is suppose to open and about the Garden Grove schedule.

Last edited:
Back