Looking for Mushrooms or Hardy Frags...

DEW

Reefing newb
Hi...I am just starting out with a reef tank...I have had a FOWLR for 7 years and want to go with something a little bigger and better. I have the tank set up and would love to find some mushrooms or hardy coral frags that I can keep in my tank. I don't want to spend a great deal of money in the event taht I can't keep the corals going. If you have any frags or shrooms that you need to get out of you tank, please let me know. Thanks!!

That's what I am thinking. I have a T5 with 2X48w, a 96w HO 24" strip, and a 36" pc light. I know I can keep shrooms and want to try some corals. Any advice?

I don't have any frags to give away.Still I don't think anybody will give them away without a trade or you pay for the overnight shipping.Start with mushrooms and zoanthids then try other soft corals later on.If you really want a reef,I would get rid of the Sweetlips.You will never be able to keep a cleanup crew since they love to eat crabs,shrimps,snails and other inverts.

Reactions: DEW
I am completly willing to pay. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on things that may not make it. I have some mushrooms in the tank and some polyps so I know those will survive.

go ahead and get a good light and most anything can live....After 7yr. you know good water and what to test for.. coarls are not that hard water changes and lightng all you need.. I tried the RED SEA salt but my coarls like the KENT better ... Test you water for Iron..here in FTW. lots of Iron. had to get an RO system now my corals are looking great.. Check out my pics. I get my coarls in Dallas great place dallas aquarium good prices and nice peaces... Its not to far from you

Reactions: DEW
For cheapo corals like zoas and mushrooms, it's not really worth it to pay for the shipping to get them from places like this... They will cost less if you just buy them from a store. For more expensive corals, or if you wanted corals in large quantities, then it is cost effective to mail them to each other.

Back