Looking for new things to feed my fish

Treezer8

Reefing newb
So I sat and watched my tank for a good 15 minutes today..just layed on the bed and watched..

And I thought to myself..

How would I like it to have the same 1 or 2 meals every day for my whole life?

Haha, anyway, I was wondering what else I can feed my fish?

Livestock:
2 clowns. 1 saddleback 1 occelaris. the regular kind
Yellow tang
Diamond Watchmen goby
Royal Gamma

Current food on the menu:
Frozen mysis shrimp
Small peices of krill, that fall of the bigger piece which goes to my mantis shrimp
Nori
And the little red pebble fish food..My mom can't resist putting some in every morning before she goes to work. Spoils them too much lol

So what else do you guys think I can feed them? I'd love to mix it up.

One my of LFS had live brine shrimp in a tank, I was thinking about trying that.

Mine like this...its one of the ones I feed...

emeraldentree100.png

Marine cuisine is another good one. I think I have a plankton mix as well. Watch out for those pellets, they are just mucking up your water tbh

:shock: Lol... OK... fish don't think about menus. ..I think they think ..dauh.. all day long.

You LOL are the "perfect consumer".. marketing has you thinking your cat and/or dog needs food that looks like bacon, fancy cans, etc. .... LOL... your dog and/or cat couldn't care less.. they sell pet food to owners.. for example your dog can not digest ANY --> ANY <-- corn. Yet it is in almost all the dog foods.. why.. because it makes up volume and we feel better feeding our dogs volume. We think they think we love them more if we feed them a whole can of corn with left over meat off the meat processor's scrap tables in it .... and the corn ends up in the back yard where it feeds the rats, opossums, and raccoons. .. SO funny...

I feed a mixed frozen diet to my fish.. and I have happy fish.. how do I know?......... I don't ... I ask them once and all they did was .... "dauh"... as if I never said anything.

=============================
you didn't ask for this.. but.... :D:D ..just for fun..

:twocents:
We have been very well trained to buy things we do not need, to impress people we do not know, with money we do not have yet. So, ....let's say we really impress the person over there across the street entering that store ... ok..COOL ! ...:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:...we REALLY IMPRESSED them!!! .....but... if they don't know us who are they going to give those incredible bonus "I was very impressed points" to... ????

... they weren't impressed with you.. they were impressed with an unknown image across the street............................................................ which is totally worthless............................... soooooooo what!
All you get by impressing people with things you have, ..... is a bill to pay for being a good consumer.

Impress people with grit, friendship, ethics, and acquired skills...................... a smile and kindness. They will remember who impressed them.. why?... because such things are RARE today.

OK.. now take my soap box away..... before I go off on another tangent.... LOL... I'm old I get away with this. :wave:

Last edited:
Seriously... let's talk about what we do feed out tanks... I too, could use that information...

Right now I am feeding my fish almost the same thing as Ted except it says Saltwater Multi-Pack... I guess next time I will get something else just to mix it up. Do some of you have several different packages and mix it up?

I feed my tank Phyto Feast.. but not much.. I don't have much other life to feed at this point.

Last edited:
It is actually better to feed your fish a variety of foods, each will offer a different nutritional value. I suggest going to petco/petsmart and and getting a variety of different frozen foods and then rotate through them. Brine shrimp, unless its enriched, is pretty low on the nutritional scale. It's like fish candy, but its ok as a fun snack every once and while.

Poksal - I'm not sure where you got the "dogs cannot digest corn" but that is absolutely untrue.

Poksal - I'm not sure where you got the "dogs cannot digest corn" but that is absolutely untrue.

Really... ? I have been told it by several... saying that when the scat is left in the yard and turns white.. that is corn...

I do know that rats, opossums and raccoons do eat that... from personal experience...

...also, I take your word.. you should know.. and Thank you... interesting.. now I need to correct some other folk.. thanx again.

Corn is just a filler commonly used in dog food. It gives very little nutritional value, it isn't digested or broken down completely, and people that feed their dogs corn-based food just have to clean up more poop. Poksal is right about that. When it is ground (as it is used in dog food), it is digestible. But it doesn't add any value to the dog food. It's just a way to make the bags of dog food heavier so you think you're getting more for your money when you're really not. Filling a bag full of corn meal is cheaper than filling it full of meat and veggies. A lot of conscientious pet owners avoid corn-based dog foods for this reason.

The Truth About Corn in Dog Food

Back