Looking for reliable source for fish and coral

KevinMs

Reefing newb
As the title states, I'm looking for a reliable vendor for coral and fish. Unfortunately the local lfs went out of business last year so now I am turning to to interwebz for my livestock needs. Any recommendations or red flags would be much appreciated. Currently I only have a single yellow tail damsel in the tank purchased from petco.

LiveAquaria.com is probably the most reputable place to order from. When ordering online, shipping is so expensive that it's hard to make it worth it unless you order a lot at once.

If you want lots of small frags for a good price, MrCoral.com is a good place that lots of people have ordered from ($10 frags). When I had a tank, I ordered from coralmorphologic.com frequently.

Thanks Biffer and Reef for the replies. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a decent sized order from Live Aquaria now.

Do you not have a tank at all anymore? :shock:

No. I took down my 90 and sold the whole system to a friend over the summer (or maybe it was spring, I don't remember). He had an 80 gallon already set up (that I had helped him set up and had been helping him maintain over the last year, so I know it was a good home for my little aquatic friends), so he moved my fish and inverts into it for the time being. He will be moving out of state in January, so my tank and equipment have been in his garage. He'll set the whole thing up at his new place when he moves. What's nice is I get to visit my fish all the time. :Cheers:

With the baby on the way and all the health problems I had during and after my pregnancy, I just couldn't keep up with the aquarium, two dogs, two guinea pigs and six cats. The aquarium had to go. It was sad, but I made the right choice! Now we are planning on moving to Seattle or Portland as soon as I get a job up there, and I'm glad that the tank is already gone, because I'd hate to have to take the whole thing down and get rid of it on short notice.

Back