Looks like my new BTA is doing well

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
And my clown agrees! :^:

437446482_BZJAv-O.jpg

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! that picture is freaking gorgeous! i saw it and my jaw dropped and then i thought, is that?....yep thts d2mini! geeze. your anenome looks good. how long have you had it?

Thanks! :)

And for some reason the BTA likes to go to sleep about 30 minutes before my lights go off. So last night the clown was PISSSSSSED! The BTA was pretty much fully retracted and the clown kept trying to throw himself in there and was flailing around. He looked like some poor sap who's wife locked him out of the house! LOL!

uh-oh.

So i got home yesterday and Mr. BTA was missing. I finally found him hiding on the opposite side of the tank and behind my rockwork facing the back glass. All I could see between rocks was the pink-ish back side. I could tell he was pretty well inflated/expanded. And this morning I got the flashlight out see that has moved over a little and is now kind facing forward/up. I could see a little bit of his closed up tentacles.

So should i be worried? Anything I should do? I'm sure Mr. Clown is not too thrilled with this.

They will move until they find a spot they like. If that's in the back of the tank, sucks for you, but that's what he wants. The clown will find him.

Dammit. I don't know how he is back there or how he can get enough light.
My rocks are pretty much stacked against the back glass.
I hope he comes out of there.

He might come back out.If he stays there longer than a couple of days,try changing your flow patterns.Some times just moving a powerhead or redirecting its flow will cause the anemone to move to a different location.

Thanks yote, I'll keep that in mind.
Tonite he is against the back wall but pretty much on top of the rock. Still a little squished back there but the bubble tips are inflated and color looks great. I'm still hoping he moves to a spot where he can really expand.
So what kind of flow do they tend to like? Light? Medium? Hold on to yer panties?

Back