Looks like snow globe??

lilmatty5dimes

Reef enthusiast
I've got a BioCube 14g and the water isn't crystal clear. Would like to make it. Just need the answer. I was thinking that if I just put a media bag filled with some carbon would do the trick and if so how often would i change it? Or should I just get a media of purigen? Thanks for the help lil matty

chemipure elite it has both carbon and GFO so your water will be crystal and i change main every 3months it says it can last 6 months but i never leave it in that long lol and make sure you rinse it off 1st

How long has the tank been up and running? Are the powerheads blowing around the sand at all? In my 28g nano, I never had anything but filter floss in the back chamber and my water was always crystal clear. You don't really NEED to spend money on carbon and chemipure or anything like that in a tank as small as yours. Just something to collect up the small debris, like floss, will be enough to clear your water up for you.

I've been meaning to post this same question. The water is clear, but always lots of particles blowing around. I'm trying to find a way to temporarily fit some filter media to my overflow box. Or I've thought about rigging a pump where I can manually pinpoint specific areas of the tank. For this I'm thinking of a suction with filter media, and a return hose. I would probably "Vacuum" the display tank water, and return to the overflow (or sump). Has anybody done this, or anything similar? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!
-bk

Don't laugh but I got a biocube skimmer in chamber 1 and the powerheads are both pointed up pretty sure that's not it. I'll get so floss and if that doesn't work something else. Thanks for the different advice. Lil Matty

Had a 20G long with cloudy water. Put a hang on filter (rated for a 36G) with floss and carbon on it and the water was crystal clear. Floss and carbon do help.

Back