Looky looky

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Look what I got:bounce: He is still a little shy, he mostly just hangs around:mrgreen:
DSC01231.jpg

Also a cool hitchiker, a Key Hole Limpet (supposedly reef safe) crappy pic, it is right in the middle. Kind of a cone shape shell.
DSC01233.jpg

And a question, every since I added the fire shrimp to the tank, my cleaner shrimp has been acting weird. He has been doing a lot of hiding? Is this normal?

Sharp shrimp!
Mines the opposite,the fire hides and the cleaner is usually out in the open.The cleaner is prolly a little intimated.

Sharp shrimp!
Mines the opposite,the fire hides and the cleaner is usually out in the open.The cleaner is prolly a little intimated.

That's what figured. It was a bit unusual because my cleaner was the most active in the tank. Hopefully he snaps out of it.

Awesome shrimp Salty.

Your cleaner shrimps will calm down in a day or 2.They just gotta get used to the new kid in the tank.

i hope they dont fught because sometimes shrimp will eat eachother when molting a cleaner did that once to one of my peepers

Well, I got some bad news. My cleaner shrimp wound up dead this afternoon. I honestly don't think it was the fire shrimp, but I am not positively sure. The cleaner shrimp was acting a little weird ever since I put the fire shrimp in the tank.

What do you guys think? Could the Fire Shrimp be the murderer?

He is being held under custody until further notice.

Dont know Salty.I've never heard of a fire shrimp killing another shrimp.
I know coral banded's will,but never heard of fires doing it.

I doubt it Salty.My cleaner and fire has been together for over five months now.In my last tank,I had a cleaner and fire together for several years.

Hmmm.... This sucks.

I buy a new Fire Shrimp that I never see, and right after I added him my Cleaner Shrimp dies.

What a rip-off.

Do fire shrimp always hide?

its hard to say about the murder ssalty, i meand your tank is surrounded by violence. remember the old crab1 and crab2 dispute? hopefully your fireshrimp doesnt get busted like he did! haha

Back