Lost claw have you seen it ??

DrBCool

Reefing newb
Hello everyone ,

My Banded Coral Shrimp went through his maulting process within the past couple days and now as he imerged from that transformation he is missing a claw .. Is this normal for these little guys ?? I guess he finally found a name for himself "One Claw" ..... LOL.... I guess he won't grow another seeing as if you chop my leg off I am !@$# out of luck ... lol ...

My tank went through some transformation in the past couple days .. Added a Coralife lighting system with Atinics , 10K's and lunar lights , also added another power head and a Redsea Prism Deluxe skimmer oh and a Cleaner shrimp :-)

Funny story I got the cleaner shrimp free .. I had the lighting system , skimmer , a digital timer and pump all laying on the couter of LFS and asked how much I had to spend to get a free cleaner shrimp .. The sales lady told me to ask the owner , so I haulered across the racks of stuff at him "How much do I gotta spend to get a free cleaner shrimp ?" He looked over and said "You are getting all that I can throw in a cleaner shrimp " :-) That is the way to get return clients ... Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask :-)

My skimmer isn't quite setup right and I know there is a break in period .. I turn the water flow up and get water in the collection cup .. So Now I am not collecting anything at the moment cause I have to have everything low to keep from filling it with water .. :-)

Another question I have for all you experienced reefers out there . How should I set up my two power heads ? I have a 36Gal bow front and right now I have a maxijet 400 on the right side near the front close to the top shooting left and then I have a penguin 550 on the left side near the top pointing right ... How deep should I set them , should I use the flow directors ? and if so how should they point ... ? Trying to get the flow good enough to start getting some things in the tank , I want to get a Green Start Polyp to start with and the lady at the store suggested more flow so I got the penguin powerhead ...

Hey everyone ,

Got help on this one ... It cold be low iodine in the tank or he coulda just maulted wrong , in either case he will grow a new one :-) I just gotta add a little iodine before the nex maulting session to be sure ..... So anyone running into this don't get alarmed .... :-)

Back