Lost my 2 year old Powder blue!!!!!!!!!!

Reefgyrl

Reefing newb
After having a nice battle with Flatworms I decided to go ahead and use flatworm exit. I am so pissed. I vacuumed as many out as I could and then I added the solution. Very quickly they started to die of course. I am such a hair brain that when I did a 40 percent water change, I forgot and left the carbon and pad in!!!! I then realized after I did the change that I should take it out. It was all full of yellow flatworm poison. Not thinking, I thought everything looked pretty good, but an hour and a half later I come in the house and my powder blue is taking a frickin nose dive. By that time I realized what I had done and did a 25 percent water change and put my powder blue in my nano, but no luck he's a goner!!! and my green brain looks like hell, I doubt if that will make it either. Frickin dang flatworms from hell!!!!!!!! Sorry, wanted to vent!!

sorry about your loss. i was lucky when i had them i bought a sixline wrasse that cleaned house quick. Some wrasse eat them and spot mandarin have been know to eat them.

i seen someone use a hose and start a siphon and suck them out of tank through a fine filter media bag and let water run back into sump and got a good majority that way.

Yeah, that's what I did. I used a hose and siphoned them thru the brine shrimp net, and then I added the f. exit. I have tried every flatworm eating fish known with no luck. I even tried a velvet nudibranch that started eating them like crazy and then died the next day!!!!!

Sorry to hear bout your losses. You should consider a wrasse for the flat worms. May help to provide ongoing control. Nudibranch can be used also but the wrasse is longer lived. good luck with your project. (naturally control is the word. once infested the control is mostly impossible with just one or two animals).

Sorry to hear about that. That's a total bummer that such a minute detail could screw you up so bad. Hopefully you will have no more flatworms.

Sorry for your loss. I bought a six line but it did not eat the flatworms. I had to use the flatworm exit and all my fish and corals made it.

Flat worms aint something to play around with.Thats why I keep a wrasse in my reef tank.My red fairy loves worms and bugs.
Hate to hear you lost your powder blue.

Gosh, I hope not. Did another water change today. Pretty sure I am going to lose my candy cane and my closed brain looks like it is covered in white stuff, and when you blow it off, it is brown :( My pociilipora and birds nest doesn't look that great,but I am hoping I can save it. This is the third water change I have done.

Back