Lost One Of My ClownFish

tcarroll

Reefing newb
Come home today to find one of my clownfish had checked out on me,he was laying on one of the powerheads.Didnt look like he had been sick though,and all water paramaters are in check.Have noticed that my Lawnmower Blenny had been chasing them around a bit and he was a little lighter colored on top in one place.I replaced him today with another and noticed that the one from the LFS has a lot more color then the one in my tank.Any reason for this?

Generally, the older they are, the darker they get. Plus, there is natural variation in colors between individuals just like any animal. And their diets will also impact their colors.

Sorry for your loss, that sucks.

Sorry about your loss. Biff's right, colors do vary depending on age. Could be many reasons why the clown died...so i wouldnt worry myself about it too much in trying to figure out why. Probably could be the stress caused by the blenny.

Keep an eye on your new clown and see if the blenny bothers it as well.

im sorry to hear about ur loss. i just returned my to common clowns and got a maroon clown.hes preaty cool, i can wait till his strips turn yellow

I feed them MYSIS Shrimp,sometimes i will put Liquid Vitamins in it.Does suck though but it happens.I am not ready yet to go with any expensive fish,going to take it slow.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS :( :( ...
hi, im still new but my clowns dont eat mysis shrimp much they love brine shrimp and its loaded wit vitamins an stuff in the kind i buy, i feed my anemones mysis shrimp ever 2-3 days they love it...i almost lost my clowns, 1 month ago not enough oxygen n my water but i saved them in time.

Back