loud light fan

mwm

Reefing newb
i bought a new light for my 30g today. Its a 36" dual satellite PC 2x96 with built in fan. The fan seems to be rather loud...well not too loud but enough to bother my wife while she is watching tv. Are all these lights like this or did i pick a bad brand?

Its hard to say without seeing and hearing the fan first hand.
But if its loud enough to hear over the TV,then I'd get in touch with where the light came from.

its probably 2 or 3 times louder than the fan on my computer. I can hear it about 15ft away. The tank is about 4 feet away from our couch and i can hear it while watching tv. This may be normal but the product claims it has a whisper quiet fan and i just thought it would be a little quieter

My tanks sitting in the bedroom.I either cant hear,or just dont pay any attention to the fans on my lights.
But since their basically just computer fans,I'd talk to customer service.Those fans shouldnt be that loud.

I can hear a lot of noise coming from my tank from the fan, to the skimmer to overflow box. But i never notice it because i'm so used to the sound. I have selective hearing i guess :)

You will get used to the noise if it isnt a bad bushing or bearing. My closed loop pump hums a little too, I thought that it was ungodly loud for a week or so, but now I barely notice it.

I've got to the point with my tank,that I dont pay any attention to it,untill I DONT hear it.Then I go into a panic.

Back