low KH (carbonate hardness)

BigH, you beat me to it! What a wonderful product!. I had the same exact problem until I started using B-ionic. I used the buffer from sea-chem, but my hardness would never go above 7, even with weekly 25% water changes. I switched to B-ionic on the advice of my local shop owner, and saw marked improvement quickly. I started with an equal mixture each day, but after 2 months my calcium was over 500 and the KH was staying around 7. I boosted the alkalinity additive to 1(ml?) per gallon every day and dropped the calcium to 3/4 ml per gallon, every other day. Now the calcium stays 440-460 and the KH is right around 8. Now I can do a 20% water change every 2 weeks and everything runs top notch. I also notice a much healthier head in my skimmer. B-ionic is a great product. Look at the corraline algae on this tank. It is only 11 months old.
100_1105.jpg

Thats impressive. I was using it and had to cut back to couple times a week. Alk was 12 and Cal was 560. Coming back to normal now but i love the product and its easy to use. Also, you can find the big jugs online for the price LFS's sell the medium size ones.

Back