Lps corals covered in bugs!! Please help!!

Idk what the tda is gaurda but I did get this book in the mail listing everything and how much of water in our water here and to my surprise it seems to be very clean water. My 29g is doing great with it so I have no worries.

You know what biff you're right. I guess I was just nervous about using medication that's not for aquariums. Looks like I'll be calling the vet today and hopefully they will give it to me.

Unfortunately red bugs are a very common pest in this hobby, and Interceptor is the accepted treatment for them. I think any substitute for Interceptor with the same ingredients would be fine to use -- medications are like that, there are a lot of things with different names that are really the same thing.

I don't have the red bugs tho I have white bugs. Don't know of that makes a difference but I've read online that the interceptor treats it just the same. Hopefully I can find a substitute

Yes, I know. I was just saying that Interceptor has been used for a long time in reef tanks against red bugs, so I wouldn't doubt its safety.

Hmmmm maybe you don't? I know you used to need a prescription for Frontline and Advantix, but in recent years you can buy them over the counter. Maybe this is the same way.

Out of curiosity I clicked on the "questions" tab and it looks like even if you order it via DFS, your vet still has to fax them a prescription in order to fill it.

Ahh you're right I didn't want to hear that lol the frogspawns are epoxyed in place and I almost ruined my rock scape last time I yanked them off and I cracked the skeleton in four places. This is turning out to be a nightmare. And costing me a lot of money also. Kid at the lfs sold me the wrong dip! Guess I'm heading to my other lfs in the near future. This tank is giving me quite the headache lately. Cloudy water if I don't run carbon, red slime galore and now All corals have to be dipped. This just isn't my week. Sorry if I sound like a grump but I guess I just need to vent. At least the 29g is doing well.

Just wanted to say good luck and I'm sure the tank will turn around!!!!!
:)

Ohh thanks fishy. I didn't see that before. My vet called me back and they can get it for me but it's on back order and will take five days to get it. If I order it online it will take that long if not longer. And my vet said it was 32 dollars. Should I just get it from the vet? Seems like the easiest way to get it. I wish it wasnt on back order. And thanks for the encouraging words Leon :)

There are many many species of red bugs some of which are harmless. I have never heard of white bugs but I would try the interceptor.

Try: 1800petmeds

Ohh thanks fishy. I didn't see that before. My vet called me back and they can get it for me but it's on back order and will take five days to get it. If I order it online it will take that long if not longer. And my vet said it was 32 dollars. Should I just get it from the vet? Seems like the easiest way to get it. I wish it wasnt on back order. And thanks for the encouraging words Leon :)

I would just get it from the vet - you're right it will take just as long online and you get to avoid shipping charges if you get it from your vet!

I guess I'll stay away from 1800petmeds then lol. I think I will just wait for t to come in at the vets. The frogspawns are extended more today but I can still see the little bugs all over them. Hopefully the interceptor comes in soon!

So bad news. The vet can't get interceptor bc the manufacter isn't sending out any right now due to packaging problems. Just my luck right? Soo I still see that it is on drs. Foster and smith so im going to call them and make sure that they have it available and then call my vet and have them fax over the prescription. I didn't realize these bugs were going to be such a hassle lol I will prevail on these bugs though, I am determined to get rid of them. My two frogspawns are very nice peices and I would absolutely hate to loose them. Soo tomorrow I will be calling drs.foster and smith and then updating here on the news. Hopefully it's good news.

How do you tell the difference between what you have ( bad bugs ) and the pods ( free food ) from the description it sounds almost the same?

thanks.

Well they look almost identicle. But these bugs are more white and maybe a tad bit bigger. They very well could be pods but the parasitic kind. All I know is that one day one frogspawn began to close up and that day I saw these bugs on it. A week or so later the other frogspawn did the same thing and it also had the bugs on it.

Back