Lr freshwater dip

leon1972

Reefing newb
I'm doing a freshwater dip to get a camel shrimp to bug out of my Lr. How long do I need to dip each piece of rock for? Will my bacteria die off the rock with a dip? How long will my Lr be safe out of the water as I want to take it out one pie e at a time and don't have enough water buckets to keep it submerged in salt water after the freshwater dip.

If the shrimp is in the rock when it's dipped in freshwater it shouldn't take long for it to bug out.

Live Rick should be fine out of water for a short time, but I would have water ready for a water change in case some die off causes a mini cycle

Ok. I think I know what rock he is hiding in. Thanks for the tips guys. I think I know what rock he calls home. Oddly him and my goby live in the same hole

My Lr will be ok if I don't dip it in freshwater and so long as it stays wet if I were to put it on a tarp instead of in fresh water right? Would the shrimp come out of the Lr with no water or no? I'm assuming he would be much slower out of water then I could catch him

I can't find anything one way or the other. Does anyone have any experience with camel shrimp burrowing? I have squirted hot water into his hole, removed his home and freshwater dipped it and pulled very rock out and inspected every crevice with a flashlight and Houdini the camel shrimp STILL eludes me!!!!! I was wondering if he will burrow in the substrate?

I prefer not doing freshwater dips on my corals/invertebrates because of their poor ability to osmoregulate, I fear that some polyps may get damaged (cell repture) duing the procedure.

Back