LR picks next fish!

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I have decided to let livingreefs pick out my next fish. There are a few requirements that the fish must meet:
1) get along with a percula clown
2) cant eat clams, scallops, or any other inverts
3) MUST BE REEF SAFE (I caps locked that because I know Doc will reccomend some sort of angel or butterfly fish. I dont have his luck! With my luck I will wake up one morning to a FOWLR set up!)
4) cant be a sand sifter (I run a pletnum)
5) the fish needs to live in a 75 gallon comfortable for a long time
6) last but not least AFFORDABLE... I really want a chevron tang but man there expensive!
I'm hoping to pick this fish up some time Sunday..... If you would like to post a pic with your suggestion that would be great for all the newbies looking at this thread (there have been alot of new members latly lets not scare them away with BIG FANCY FISH NAMES AND NO PICS to refrence)

Last edited:
you may want to post a list of the fish you allready have so that no one will tell you to get something you allready have. if you don't have one then i sugest a sixline wrasse. i just got one a week ago. and it's by far my favorite fish in my tank. it has beutiful colors and behavour.

One of my friends at the LFS have some yellow tang and hippo tang in a 55 gallon for about 2 years till tore it down due to moving. They are bright and stand out, besides keeps algae if any under control. how about the clown Goby nice and stay out in view. Yellow wrasse are very active also. Banggai cardinal fish in a small school are nice I like the way they swim in the open. IMO

FRIDMANI PSUEDOCHROMIS, just got one added to my 125 love the purple fish he is one cool fish not mean to my tangs or clowns or wrasse, plus added a engineer goby and he is also freakin cool looks just like an eel.

Sohal tang. They rock and will be OK in your tank for about 3 years.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I love the sohal tangs also but there a little more than I want to spend right now. Love the longfin fairy wrasse reeffreak! Lots of great ideas everyone keep them coming! I really enjoy the yellow eyed tangs also

DUDE U HAVE TO GET THIS FISH IT WILL LOOK SUPERBAD IN UR TANK u should get a lipstick tang or another name is a baboon tang it has some bright orange lips and it has some yellow & orange around its tale and anal fin

Last edited:
DUDE U HAVE TO GET THIS FISH IT WILL LOOK SUPERBAD IN UR TANK u should get a lipstick tang or another name is a baboon tang it has some bright orange lips and it has some yellow & orange around its tale and anal fin

That's a naso tang. And yeah they're nice looking, but not very easy to keep. Just look at poor Redline's!

Back