Mack mini update! Need responses quickly please!!

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
Hey guys, finally the maxi mini is detached from that rock!!!!!!!! It took about 3.5 hrs of me and my hubby chiseling the rock. Smashing peices off. Rubbing the foot with ice cubes and our fingers and now my body is so sore from being on edge the whole time. I was so worried about tearing the foot. Right now the nem is in a five gallon bucket with a heater and my lighting fixture over it. I don't think the foot got torn during that long process but also I don't want to take any chances. Should I keep the anemone in the bucket for now or should I put it in the 93 gallon? If the foot did get torn or nicked a tiny bit will it Nuke my 93g? Here is some pics of what it currently looks like. The nem is very very pissed off by the way and did not want to let go.

19ee2c31.jpg

d62ae609.jpg

I don't really know what would be best, but I don't think I'd leave it in the bucket w/o any flow long term. Any chance you could take your rocks out of the 29 and put those in a bucket and move the nem back to the 29 to observe it for a few days to know for sure that its okay?

That's actually a good idea. I was worried if I left it in the tank it would attach again. I guess I'm so flustered and tired I didnt think of that haha. That sounds like a better idea to me than the bucket. If it attaches to the glass it shouldn't be quite as hard to remove it than the rock it was in..

That's actually a good idea. I was worried if I left it in the tank it would attach again. I guess I'm so flustered and tired I didnt think of that haha. That sounds like a better idea to me than the bucket. If it attaches to the glass it shouldn't be quite as hard to remove it than the rock it was in..

Yeah, wouldn't want it to attach again LOL

Just make sure to add a powerhead to the bucket w/ the heater so that you don't have a die off on your rocks (and I know you know this, just sayin' it anyway in case the tiredness has set in too far ;) )

One other thing I'd do is put egg crate (or something) around the powerheads in your 29 once you take the rock out to keep the nem away from them. That nem might start crawling all over the glass and I wouldn't want it to find its way into a powerhead!

I tried to put the rocks in the bucket. The rock that it was attached to was way too big to fit in the bucket. Figures.. So I guess I'm acclimating it to the 93g. It's already trying to attach to the side of the bucket. I'm 95% sure the foot is fine. I know I deff didn't tear it. The 5% is when the hubby was working on it and I asked him if he thought he tore it, he said no. So in the 93 it goes. Thanks for the helpful advice fishy! It's nice to know there is someone on the site at this hour :)

Yeah, but placing it in a container in the 93 still doesn't prevent the damage that could occur if it got injured and dies.... I think that's what she's trying to avoid.

Britt, after shutting my computer down last night I realized that you should probably test your water in your 29 after you move the rocks in case it disturbs the sand bed... how's the nem this morning?

I think you would be ok in the 93 if it dies, that is quite a bit of water volume to dilute it out.

But if its attached itself already, i think its going to be fine

I tried to put the rocks in the bucket. The rock that it was attached to was way too big to fit in the bucket. Figures.. So I guess I'm acclimating it to the 93g. It's already trying to attach to the side of the bucket. I'm 95% sure the foot is fine. I know I deff didn't tear it. The 5% is when the hubby was working on it and I asked him if he thought he tore it, he said no. So in the 93 it goes. Thanks for the helpful advice fishy! It's nice to know there is someone on the site at this hour :)

Okay, I clearly missed this post - totally ignore my earlier post about the 29 LOL

It sounds like its going to be just fine - I'll bet it feels good to get it into your 93 finally!

I ended up putting him the 93g. I drip acclimated him for about an hour. Then placed him where is want him to stay knowing he is stubborn and hopefully will not move. He attached his foot to the rockwork instantly and hasn't moved a bit. Here's a picture, the lights just came on not too long ago so he is still waking up but he looks like he normally does.

ab245d7a.jpg

Back