Macro Algae for Display

kbuser92

Breeder
I'm gonna get some macro algae when I order my cleaner package later this week and have no idea what to get. No chaeto because its going in my dt. Don't mind trimming at all here and there.

So aside from that, what would you get from reefcleaners? That penny algae deal is way too good to pass up, so in addition to that...

Ready...set...GO!

By penny algae do you mean halimeda? Be aware that it will suck up your calcium.

Other than that, it's up to you as far as what you like to look at. I'd stay away from calpura.

No, they have a deal where they send you a little sample of one of their macros for 1¢. Thought I'd try it. I was looking at the Ulva, Fern Caulerpa or Scroll, but I'd like a bright colour so scroll is kinda out.

I always liked ulva.

With calpura you run the risk of the plant going sexual (which is not good) and/or taking over your tank.

Yeah, I read more about that after I saw your first post. The ulva is very bright and green. :) Is it pretty good for nutrient export, also? The other one that I saw was Halimeda, but since it's calcarous, I'd really rather stay away from it.

This site has every macro algae out there

Browse Library Sections

my wishlist

Caulerpa mexicana
Caulerpa prolifera
Ulva rigida
Ulva lactuca
Halymenia (Devils Tongue)
Botryocladia botryoides (Red Grape)
Fauchea Iacinita
Gracilaria curtissae

Back