Macro Tank : )

Rufio808

Reefing newb
So, I came across a thread with a guy having a macro tank. I was curious because I have usually only read about macro algae in a fuge. Apparently his tank rivals a lot of reef tanks I've seen online. So it dawns on me, nobody sells corals here so why not do a macro tank!
I only need recommendations on what types of macro would be colorful, yet useful. I'm only scared of something going sexual and bricking my tank. :shock:

Here's a pic of his DT.

I'm a huge fan of macro IN the tank! My horses really love it.

Caulerpa is the only macro you need to worry about mucking up your tank. I've got a few different varieties. Some of the macro's are so beautiful, I wonder why we keep them in the fuge? The best sources of macro that I have found:

Gulf Coast Ecosystems:
<head> <title>Macro Algae : Your Source For Quality Marine Plants and Macroalgae

Tampa Bay Saltwater:
Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock

Here's my little Deco Tank:
5172748387_7db146f8e0_z.jpg

And my horse tank:
5155714539_79dff653cf_z.jpg

C

Wow nice horses! Yeah the only I'm afraid of is something going sexual when I'm away and killing my fish. As long as I stick to some safe macro I should be fine right?

Wow nice horses! Yeah the only I'm afraid of is something going sexual when I'm away and killing my fish. As long as I stick to some safe macro I should be fine right?

I think so, also, if you do get caulerpa, keep it trimmed, helps keep it from going bad on you.

C

Back