Mag Float scratching Glass

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
After a few months I get Coraline on my mag-float algae scraper and its ends up scratching the glass. Anyway to completely dissolve the coralline off equipment? Vinegar?

That is what I use. I'm sure that an overnight soak in vinegar and good rinse in the morning will do it for you. An old credit card is good for scraping the glass.

Ever since that time I put a gigantic scratch in my DP, I don't use mag scrapers. Just use one of those ones on a stick, or as said, an old credit card. these have less of a risk of scratching the tank, and they are more precise. I've also found them to do a better job removing the algae.

I have successfully used razor blades to eradicate my coralline growth on the glass scratch-free. Make sure you use a good new sharp one, maybe a couple to get the job done. Mag scrapers only help prevent the buildup if used at least once or twice daily, otherwise only seem to be good with the softer algae.

Jag hit it perfect for major work I always use a razor blade. Daily soft algae growth may float is great. Just make sure to keep sand off of it.

Back