Magnesium Test Kit

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
Does anyone know where i can buy a test kit for magnesium only ... my LFS does not carry them and can't tell me where to purchase one either ... i want a good test kit so i won't have to question the results ... so many cheap kits are never quite accurate ... thanks!

Yote - the one you suggested does not say to what PPM it will break it down to ... do you happen to have this kit or know ... the one Dustin suggested Seachem says it is accurate to 12.5 mg/L

I dont care for the seachem kits after trying their calcium kit.Never used their magnesium kit.
I looked for the directions for my tropic marin kit,couldnt find them.So I'll say whats on the box:
"This test is for the consistent and accurate measurement of the exact magnesium and calcium in saltwater.Sensitivity:calcium 4 mg/1(ppm):Magnesium 20mg/1(ppm).Good for approx.30 tests."
As for the ones Dustin posted,I'd go with the Salifert kit.If you can find it.

And you did a fine job Dustin:mrgreen:

I want to try the Salifert Magnesium kit,but every where I've looked says there on back order.

Are lfs here stopped selling salifert test kits because they are always on back order and are to expensive. I don't remember off the top of my head what the went to though.

what i dont get is ... if magnesium is so important in a reef tank why doesn't LFS sell test kits or even encourage you to test for it ... my LFS never said a word about testing for magnesium levels when i bought my tank

Yote i went ahead and bought the salifert test kit ...thanks for the tip ... i will let everyone know what my reading is soon as i get it ... hope it gets here soon ... my blastos are lookin bad

By the way ... once i have the results of my test and by chance it is low ... what is the best method to raise the levels? i had heard that you can use epsom salt ... is that true? if not ...why ... and what do you recommend?

Back