Magnesium Test Kit

well i finally got my test kit today and i ran the test 3 times to be sure of the results ... all 3 times it ranged from 1150 - 1250 ... my calcium levels are around 380 - 400 ... so i have no clue as to why my ducans just went to shit so quickly :confused: i mean i lost all 5 heads ... right now my blastos and a couple of SPS's are looking iffy but everything else in my tank is doing fantastic ... i thought maybe running my kalkwasser was stripping the magnesium from my tank but i guess not ... right now im at a loss as to why i cant seem to keep some corals but others are doing well

ca is OK, mag is a little low, but not bad. What's your alk?
Some coral, especially some SPS are very sensative to alk swings, either high or low.

Your alkalinity is fine.
What softies do you have in the tank?Some soft corals will wage chemical warfare with other corals,and that can be bad on SPS and some LPS.

most of my SPS's i kept on the right side of my tank half way up and softies on the left or down low ... they include RTBA, Toad Stool, Mixed Zoas, Blastos, Xenias, Green Pimply Mushrooms, Frogspawn, Ricordia's, Suncoral, Giant Cup Mushroom ... cant think of anymore right now ... i kept the SPS as far away from any other corals as i could ... any of the softies i listed dislike any SPS's ... hahaha

All leathers can produce chemicals to inhibit the growth of other corals.Xenia and zoas will try to out grow other corals.

Back