Mail order corals?

coralhead

Reef Geek Status
Stil considering my self fairly new to this hobby after a year or so, I just wanted to here some thoughts on buying corals via the web.I dont have a lot of options from my two lfs. Im not a fan of buying what i can not see. any suggestions?:D

I hav'nt ordered off the web, but I have traded with some off of fellow reefers on RC. I have got some nice colars through the mail from them.

I have never bought anything off the web...... I want to see what I buy.... Thats why we are all in this hobbie, too look at a reef we dont get to see that often.

I bought corals several times online.The site I use the most is Liveaquaria.com.They have excellent guarantee policy.As far as coral,nothing died and are doing well.You said you weren't fond of buying corals that you can't see.They have a ''Diver's Den'' section with corals that are WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get).My first choice is still the LFS but online is still a good way to go if you can't find what your looking for locally.

Best of Luck

for me, it is worth the drive to find exactly what I am looking for. I have a great relationship with my LFS and they will custom order anything I want (within reason) I just need to find out which area of the globe they are buying from that week and what corals / fish are available. Once they come in, I check them out for a few days to make sure everything is OK and then I bring them home. If the selection isn't great at your store, ask if they can order for you.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I'm glad someone asked that question because living in BFE Idaho I don't have much of a local selection. I've been to big of a weenie to buy them online. I want an open brain but I'll never find the lps's I want locally.

good luck. Let us know how it goes. If you have lots of success, I imagine I will give it a whirl. I get so impatient sometimes waiting. Keep us posted.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

The worst thing about buying online is the shipping.I personally cant justify paying 50 dollars shipping for a 30 dollar frag.But If I was going to order a couple of hundred bucks worth,then I would check out petsolutions.com.Any live orders over 195 bucks you get free shipping.

Back