Majano anemone!!! Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah lemon juice is a fraud it doesn't work
but i did see my peppermint shhrimp eating it and it did kill it so that works!!:D

I bought about 10lbs of live rock today, and noticed when I got home that two pieces of the rocks have them on them, so i put the rocks in my FO tank instead of the reef, hoping that my koran angel nip and eat them off the rock...If not, I'm gonna buy a butterfly fish...I know they eat anemones...or
Thinking of just plucking them off with a pair of tweezers if nothing else works.
I hate I bought that piece of rock now!

AIPTASI CONTROL by Blue Life works great
I use this and a peppermint and the the aptasia are totally under control. The peppermint does good but occasionally misses one and this stuff does the trick

Oh I'm sure they didn't work. I injected 1 ml into each one, and they disappeared for a few days, but then were back again exactly where they were before.
Biff, go see Bill or Rob and get a bottle of the above mentioned Aptasia Control. I have pretty decent flow in my display and this stuff fills the hole and remains in place on the LR for as much as a week. They dont come back! Or you could just do as mentioned and wish them away...

I have tried Aiptasia Control. I've tried Joe's Juice too. They come right back. I think they're immune to it, after all I've put them through.

hmmm, and I was going to hit you up for some frags. Now that I know you are breeding super-morphed Aips, I don't know...
Something else you could try, get your ipod and put on some Moby. This happened by accident one day in my home, and the Aips actually climbed up out of the tank and walked right out of the front door. I'm not sure if it works on Super Aips but it's worth a shot.
On that note, I have a ton of these shrooms and Zoas
red shroom colony.JPG
If you want any, just let me know.

Last edited:
hmmm, and I was going to hit you up for some frags. Now that I know you are breeding super-morphed Aips, I don't know...
Something else you could try, get your ipod and put on some Moby. This happened by accident one day in my home, and the Aips actually climbed up out of the tank and walked right out of the front door. I'm not sure if it works on Super Aips but it's worth a shot.
On that note, I have a ton of these shrooms and Zoas
View attachment 1293
If you want any, just let me know.

Thanks, but they are majanos :( Even tougher to get rid of than aiptasia because nothing eats them! I have those purple shrooms and brown zoas too, but not a lot. I haven't gotten any new livestock since my tank has been having problems. If/when I get it cleared up, I'll hit you up for some, thanks!

Majanos' stings are less harmful than aiptasia, but I think they spread at the same rate. Some people don't consider majanos harmful at all, but I can say from first hand experience that my corals definitely die if there's a majano growing next to it. They've smothered and killed off a whole bunch of my corals.

Back