Make the sucking noise go away

blazk

Reefing newb
Is there any way to stop or silence the slurping / sucking sound on the in-take on the weir? Here is a picture of the weir.
weir.JPG

The tube moves up and down to set the height of the water / the amount of water that gets "flushed".
Any help or advice would greatly improve my sleep :)

Drill a couple of 1/4" holes right at the point where the 90 turns down.Then where that airline goes through the cap,drill that out to 1/4".
The more air it can get,the quieter it'll be.

Bobby that is the wrong kind of noise to want to go away.

Blazk try sliding the air hose either in or out of the cap piece on the durso, that is your silencer(should be anyways.)

Bobby: LOL

Ryan: Durso ? there is nothing on the end of the tubing there.

Yote: Like this ?
weirmod.jpg

Wont that make the tubing useless as it will just fall through ??

Close. Just bring the holes 1/2 way down the side of the 90.
It would probably help to raise the pipe up some too.Where the top is just above the water surface.

With that being as far into the water as it is I would try taking the tube completely out of the top if that doesnt work maybe even drilling another hole or two in it. It needs more air to stop the suction(the gurgle is the start and stop of a syphon)

I took the tube completely out and the water rose quite quickly and was about to overflow, so i quickly shoved the tube back in to the Durso. The water subsided back still a fair noise of sucking / slurping...wasn't my Mrs either lol.

Back