Man down :*(

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I was getting stuff packed up for a little trip tomorrow when I heard a "pop" from the other room. Checked it out and my little azure was stuck in the intake of my skimmer : / It was a pump getting clogged noise, not a mantis type sound.

I've checked my water parameters and this is what I have right now:
pH: 8.2
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10-15
Specific gravity:1.026
(Using an API test kit)

He'd been doing great. I fed him this morning and he was quick/alert, I didn't see any signs of this. Frankly I wasn't ready for him to die! Ugh, glad I'm not going to be home tomorrow when my 3 year old wants to help feed him...

The ONLY thing I noticed about him was that he was a slightly different color than his buddies. His belly was not quite as bright yellow. I inspected the body and it was pretty fresh, no signs of anything abnormal.

Only changes to the tank in the past few days was a 20% water change yesterday. I let the salt mix almost 36 hours before it went it, temp checked it, salinity was the same. really don't understand what went wrong.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can't explain why they die. It sucks, but all your parameters look good. Hopefully the rest of the fish will be fine.

It makes me feel A lot better knowing I didn't have something to do with it. It was my only fish in my tank! My first saltwater fish : / I feel a lot better about it today.

Back