Mandarin Gobies in Smaller Tanks

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I had a MD last year and he ate pellets and small orange sushi roe like crazy, He grew quite fat ! He died of ich. I got another one on Friday and he is already eating sushi row and pellets. I think the "pellet-sushi" diet for MDs is a winner. (Many insist they only eat live foods). I'll let you know how it goes.

most of them will only eat frozen it is possiable it get the to eat other things many times it is very hard to do so.

They can easily be kept in smaller tanks if they'll eat frozen foods. But a lot of them don't. No matter what you try to feed them, some just won't take to it. You've been lucky with the fish you've picked out so far. That's why it's so important to make sure they will take frozen food before you bring them home from the store. If they don't, then it's better to leave that fish for someone with a big tank that produces enough live food to sustain them naturally.

They can easily be kept in smaller tanks if they'll eat frozen foods. But a lot of them don't. No matter what you try to feed them, some just won't take to it. You've been lucky with the fish you've picked out so far. That's why it's so important to make sure they will take frozen food before you bring them home from the store. If they don't, then it's better to leave that fish for someone with a big tank that produces enough live food to sustain them naturally.

I think a big factor in keeping MDs on live copepods is to consider what other pod eating fish you have. I had tons of pods but after I put a 6-line in my tank they got decimated --now that he's gone the pods are starting to cover the glass again.

I've still never seen a pod in my tank, and my mandrin dosent eat frozen, so i guess thier in there, but i'm not finding them...

My mandarins have eatin frozen foods almost everytime but I believe that it is not very nutritious for them and they slowly die of malnutrition, over 6 months to a year, without pods.

I have never tried the roe thats interesting, that just might be a vitamin that they are missing from the frozen foods. Keep us informed.

Back