Mandarin Goby Blenny Compatible

I am slowly moving stock over to new 90 gallon tank. Wondering if I should keep the Scooter or take back to LFS and snag Mandarin once 90 is well established and cycled.

Dont want to give up scooter. I love his personality!!

I am slowly moving stock over to new 90 gallon tank. Wondering if I should keep the Scooter or take back to LFS and snag Mandarin once 90 is well established and cycled.

Dont want to give up scooter. I love his personality!!

as far as the mandarin goes it think you have to wait about 6 months to a year to add him or atleast thats what ive read

i want one too:cheerful:

Mandarins are so shy that they will easily get beat up by more outgoing fish like blennies. But scooter blennies aren't normally aggressive, so I'd say it'd probably work out.

Scooters and mandrines are both dragonets.They wont get along at all.They will probably fight untill one or both are dead.

I have a spotted mandarin, a green mandarin, and a scooter blenny all in the same 110g, they get along fine, no fighting at all. Big and fat, too, they all eat mysis along with the pods.

I have had a Mandarin and a Lawnmower blenny together for 3 months with no issues. I did purchase a bottle of copepods to load my tank for the mandarin though.

I did see some lawnmower blennies at the LFS that seemed quite agressive though. I watched the blennies at the store for about an hour before picking one that seemed to be more skiddish and shy (but not sickly) to have a better chance of the two ignoring each other in my tank. So far it has worked fine.

I have a seperate question, but related. I have a mandarin and was thinking about a lawnmower blenny. My question is will the blenny benefit the aquarium enviromentally? I mean really to ask what does it eat?

Lawnmowers feed on algae so in a way they can be beneficial.Seaweed sheets,mysis and other foods made for omnivore/herbivore will work.

I housed a scooter blenny and a mandarin and it didnt workout. Those scooter blennies are quicker and eat more pods then mandarin do. Mandarin are slowwwwwwwwwww! Leave the scooters , go with Mandarins!

Pin

Back