mantis shrimp hitchhiker

bigford

fish only
turns out i have a Mantis!! we found it by accident
we were feeding the aiptasia some food when the wife seen
something pop out of a hole and steel the food.
Its about 3/4 to 1'' long and looks kindof brownish color

well for one its not a pest, Its a animal.

If you dont want it trap it and bring to your LFS. Please dont kill it and im glad you fed it. Can you take some pictures?

I guess i should have watched the vid....lol. CLEALY he's a smasher and really wont bother your fish bu will eat snails and hermits....and shrimp.....me personally i dont like cleaner shimp, and the CUC can be replaced as it depletes. He seems small so it shoulnt effect to much.

If you want him out. Take the rock he hides in and place it in a 5g bucket with water the same temp as your tank....try and lure the mantis out with food on a skewer and snatch the LR up whenhe comes out. Then bring to LFS or try Craigslist ect....there are alot of mantis lovers out there that would be happy to hom your lil mantis.

Why exactly were you feeding Aipstaisa? You realize that once they take over a tank its almost an impossible battle to win.... ask me how I know

If you keep feeding that aiptasia it will multiply faster, then almost any new coral you buy will be at risk. The only corals I've ever seen defeat an aiptasia were frogspawn & torches!

the 150 is a fish only tank. im thinking that
the rock with the mantis and aiptasia will be going into the fuge
as soon as the glass is cut and siliconed in

well as with all small STUPID creatures the mantis ended up in the over flow box
SEEMS he/she is a lime green mantis from the online pics
here he/she is
100_0367.jpg

100_0369.jpg

or all small mantis green???

Back