Mantis shrimp, how hard are they?

R3verb

Time to add some coral!
Saw one at my LFS and she was awesome. Now I kinda want one. I know they have to have their own tank. I have seen some on here, any advice?

I know that if you get one in your tank, they are damn near impossible to get rid of. They can survive a cycle. So they are very hardy.

+1 on PMing Dana. He has a mantis tank.

Yea i went to elite. That place is freaking awesome. Yea i have been following Dana's shrimp (so sad). That was my first exposure to them.

My CPU is down and hate typing excessively long things on my phone. Each species is different. My advice is always lurk or join RC forum. They have a section for mantis's. As well as a well known scientist dr Roy Caldwell who has been studying them for 25+ years.

i LOVE elite, and i have some water cards for there you can have. That is pretty much the only place I buy from in denver, but like any place dont take their advice 100%. They have a few people in there who just work for the pay check

i had a buddy who had one and he said they are pretty strong and not to keep them in glass tanks only acrylic that his would smack the tank hard enough to break glass but other than that he said they are almost imposable to kill

Back