Mantis shrimp

supernatureal

Reefing newb
Need help getting rid of Mantis shrip. He is attacking my sail fin blenny. My blenny has been sitting on the bottom of the tank not very active like he is hurt. I thought at one time he was dead. Today I saw the mantis shrimp attack him and I responded in defence but could not get him. I suppect that the shrimp is what killed my sea cucumber last week. Any sugestions.

He runs to and from all the rocks. I rearange the tank today looking for him. Lucky it is only a 20 gal. Still working on getting the 90 Gal set up. Doing it on a budget sucks but I am realy close and bearly spent $350 to include the tank and about 120 pounds of live rock.

Ok while I was at work he killed the blenny and draged him hafe way under a rock. There was chunks of him missing from his side. I realy want to kill this thing. If I catch it does people buy them. I am mad I may just kill him anyway.

People will buy them, especially if it's one of the colorful peacock mantises. In a 20 gallon tank, it shouldn't be that hard to catch him. You say he runs from rock to rock. So remove the rocks one by one, until he is left in the tank. You can do a quick dunk of each rock in RO water that is at the correct pH and temperature, and it will probably not harm too much on the rocks.

I took this when I first found him. I don't hate you. Just him at this time my blenny was coming out of his shell more and I liked him. Will have to get another one once the bigger tank is done and they move out of this temp tank.

Attachments

• P1240348.jpg
    P1240348.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • P1240322.jpg
    P1240322.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 403
  • P1240345.jpg
    P1240345.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 355
  • P1240326.jpg
    P1240326.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 616
If you dont have any fish in the tank, just starve it to death. I couldnt get mine out of the rockwork even after pouring RO water into his hide out. So I just waited like 2 months without putting any food into my tank. Eventually, I say parts of the mantis floating around and also a rise in nitrates too. Havent seen him since.

Back