Manual mode shots

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
I tried these in manaul mode with auto focus. Let me know what you think. Feel free to sugggest some better settings.

pachyseris1_5-09.jpg

pachyseris2_5-09.jpg

nana_5-09.jpg

millie_5-09.jpg

tort_5-09.jpg

looking really good. what kind of lens were you using?
I have the same camera as Yote....Panasonic DMC-FZ28. Can't change the lens.
Those are good looking shots Capt.
I may have to try auto focus.
The camera is always in auto focus, unless you put it in manual focus. I tried manual and nothing was in focus...lol. It seems to sensative, or maybe I just can't work that tiny focus button very well.

yote, see what that wonderful camera we got you is capable of! j/k man your shots have come a LONG way

Yeah MAN,I see that:D But I've not used the auto focus either:D

Like Capt said,that tiny manual focus button is touchy as crap.Especially when your thumds are numb after beating the nails off em:frustrat::mrgreen:

Capt,Any chance you remember the settings you used for those shots?
Every time I try the auto-focus,I cant get the close ups.Cant get the camera to focus.

Capt,Any chance you remember the settings you used for those shots?
Every time I try the auto-focus,I cant get the close ups.Cant get the camera to focus.
1- exposure 1/15 sec, F stop 5, ISO 200, 15.5mm focal length
2- exposure 1/15 sec, F stop 3.4, ISO 200, 15.5mm focal length
3- exposure 1/60 sec, F stop 3.6, ISO 200, 15.5mm focal length
4- exposure 1/60 sec, F stop 5, ISO 200, 15.5mm focal length
5- exposure 1/40 sec, F stop 5.6, ISO 200, 19.4mm focal length

Thanks Catherine. I was waiting for 1 of you pros. ;)
Do you have any suggestions to improve the shots? I use Photoshop, but I don't really know how to "use" it. I basically adjust the color/contrast to match what I see the best I can. I don't know how to use any of the filters or anything fancy for pics. I'm better at using it for making graphics.

your best tool for overall editing is adobe lightroom, and then once you get it looking good in LR you export to PS and then use the healing brush and stuff like that for minor touch up stuff. but LR should be used for the majority if not all of your editing of pictures

So what are you saying? $700 Adobe Photoshop sucks for photos and $300 Lightroom is better? I would think there is nothing you can do in Lightroom that can't be done in Photoshop, but that's only my guess since I only have Photoshop.

im not saying photoshop sucks, im just saying that a 300 dollar lightroom program makes psot production a lot quicker and easier then the 700 dollar PS program

Back