March Meeting Announcement

Timothy

Reefing newb
This is the official announcement for the March meeting. I'm posting this on it's own thread so the announcement will stay at the top of the thread. If there are any changes I will change this post so it will always contain the correct details.

The scheduled date is the 18th of March at noon. The address is 1302 Mowbray Pike, Soddy Daisy. It's on top of Mowbray Mountain. Here's the mapquest link...

1302 Mowbray Pike

The simplest directions are to follow 153 until it becomes Dayton Pike, after you cross Chickamauga Creek turn left on Montlake which takes you up Mowbray mountain. When it runs into Mowbray Pike take a left. It's about 3 houses down from the little store on the corner of Mowbray Pike and Montlake. It's a White house back off the road on the left.

I'll provide the main course, Please bring beverages or desserts AND FRAGS! Call if you get lost, 423-332-6978

Timothy

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we gonna have some flyers and other info ready at this meeting, we dont need to waste precious planning time like our meetings. we really dont have alot of planning time left when you consider we only get together once a month.

What you want a frag of?

I wish i could frag my stuff...... but everything i have is a frag...

Its like hey thats a nice atom you have there.... can you cut it in half for me...

HEHE......

Cant wait to see your tank timothy see you next week.

Brandon

that explains why brandon always buys small corals, he doesn't have to frag anything for anyone! :grumble: Just Kidding man. besides hes gonna need all the coral he can get to fill his new tank!
do reefers have tank warming parties like normal people have house warming parties?

So timmy and anyone else involved, are we gonna have all the info on the EXPO ready so everyone can get started following up on there tasks. it would be nice for everyone to be able to spend the next month getting all there contacts taken care of and have a list of what each contact is going to do for the club expo. So the next month can be spent getting those all finalized.
I hope im not stepping on anyones toes here. but all the stuff we planned on doing isn't quick overnight stuff, theres allot of red tape thats time consuming, I would hate to get a week before the swap and still be waiting for donations to be shipped from distributors, and confusion over whats all going on. like i've said before this is my first swap and maybe I don't understand. I personally like to be prepared for everything and be early, so all the little suprises along the way don't complicate things. anyway, I know its still early, if I stepped on toes Im sorry. I would probly feel better if there was updating going on but there haven't been any real progress posts since the last meeting.

well seeing how someone decided yesterday would be a good day to leave tucker out without telling me i'm now down a icecap ballast and 5 end caps...

Man did he have fun home all alone.

Brandon

OUCH! Did he chew them up oretty good? Did you ground him? LOL!

Sorry to hear that man. Was that one of the ballast for your vho's?

This had to be the perfect smilie to simulate the look on your face. Let's go through the sequence of events.

Having a good day :D Got off work hading home :mrgreen: Get home and see this :shock: Then it sets in :censored: Now its down to this :grumble: When you see ma at the next meeting it will go to this :^: then to this :bowdown:

I'm planning to bring some frags tomorrow-unmounted.

Brandon-sorry to hear about your puppy's new chewie toys. That's a big reason my Labradors found a new home with a big yard. An entire bathroom was chewed along with 4 door facings, not to mention the upstairs carpet. After $10,000 in damage, they weren't so cute anymore.

I'm sure that Timothy will have the new flyer to show us. One of the reasons for postponing until August was that time flew by and we weren't ready for April. I agree that it's good to plan ahead.

Little Timmy your the BOMB! You have a lovely home, a very hospitable wife, and a beautiful family. Your not so cute.;) Kidding!

Anyway, thanks so very much for your time and effort, and the good subway. Maybe we can all pitch in a few bucks to help recoup the cost of that meal. Anyway, thanks for all your hardwork. Please tell your wife thanks on behalf of the club. :D

Recoup? Smart club members get things comped... I started to announce this but got distracted; the subway platters were 100% free. I had ordered one of the giant subs and while baking the bun they had trouble so they comped the platters!!!!!! SUBWAY ROCKS!

I say we give subway in the Soddy Daisy Walmart our business whenever we can!

Thanks again Timothy and Lesley for hosting our meeting.

Welcome to our newest members, Darren and Karen Moore!! :^:

Thanks to Steve at Fish Paradise for his kind donation for our raffle! :bounce:

Local vendors who support our club deserve our support as well. Fish Paradise is at 5622c HWY 153, Hixson, TN 37343 (just before the super Walmart) 423-875-5044

We discussed plans for the saltwater aquarium expo, coming up August 5 and general discussion regarding reef tanks.

We are now members of Masna! :sfish:

Another great meeting for our club!

Last edited:
thanks timmy, it was a great meeting, the food was perfect. I dont know how you found your wife but shes definatly a keeper :bowdown: :bowdown:
the flyer demo is looking very good, and I hope the ball games all get canceled so it will get done this lifetime! :mrgreen: thanks again timmy

I would like to appologize to david on behalf of brandon for being so mean at the meating and constantly trying to make you feal bad. i dont know why brandon is that way but the rest of us dont condone that attitude. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you know I would never be mean to you! :mrgreen:

Back