March POTM Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time entering the photo contest. Here is a picture of my clowns.

clowns.jpg

nice shot, two mandarins this month, but your mandarin looks EXTREMELY skinny and on the verge of starving to death

If you've only recently got him, then it's possible he's still skinny from before you had him and is starting to gain weight back. But if you've had him for more than a few months, his sides shouldn't appear caved in like that. If it's in a tank that's only a month old (in your profile), then it's pretty clear that your tank is not mature enough to support his needs (which is why it's not recommended that they go in tanks that are less than a year old).

Sometimes though, if you get them skinny, there isn't anything you can do to help them. I bought a mandarin off of someone that had been keeping it in a brand new 12 gallon nanocube and had been starving it for 4 months. This thing was basically a fish head, no body, it was sooo skinny. I don't think it was able to recover once I added it to my tank because I never saw it again.

only had him now for about a month. Tank was seeded with 3 8oz bottles of pods last week that i get from a buddy who breeds them. I see him eating all the time so i know he's not malnourished since he also eats frozen mysis. I think thats a bad picture. Tank is actually going on 4 months old atm. Gonna try and get another picture. I think its just a bad angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back