March the Month from Hell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010.

1. RIJohn

RIJohn

:frustrat:So figured I would rant a little...

March started off good started up my tank, got my first shipment of LR from TBS. Tank Cycled in ten days. Then everything went down from there...

Rain storm came into the state my state is tiny if you didnt know... and settle over the entire state dumping 6in over four days. One of our major rivers got flooded and things got worse and worse.

My aunt who lives with my grandmother(battle axe), four youner cousins, all under 18. Her house which is a good 200 yards from the river, was evacuated due to flood warnings. Next morning her entire basement was flooded. Now my aunt being in the forces was sent to Washington. So my grandmother and the kids were stuck in a hotel, battle axe refused to come to my house. I proceeded to get things in motion to get the house taken care of. The day they were to release the house to me to clean, they condemned for human living do to the water that entered the home. So called insurance for my aunt to get claim number and called proper cleaners to the job.

Insurance adjuster comes by and tells us that due to the fact it was FRESH water and not SALT, they were covering nothing. So $2500 a year for insurance was a waiste of money, the best part is that the ONLY insurance company is my state for FLOOD coverage is FEMA....

So I pay out my pocket to get my familys home back together... well that was going good until this past Monday. When a stonger storm came in and dumped 9.5ins of rain in and on the already flooded river. So Monday was the day we had the house approved for living. Eight hours later they were evacuated again due to threat of flooding. Well after two days of nothing but rain the water level hit historic highs... 10ft of water ended up in their home.:frustrat:

I was able to go by today to take a look at the damage, well the entire house not just the basement is ruined. Oh yeah did I mention no insurance help.....:frustrat: To make matters worse they shut down the major highway in my state and cause traffic for miles. So I was unable to even work due the amount of traffic. Treatment center for :pooh: is under water so I have been unable to shower.:frustrat:

Make all that worse, my moms dog was discovered to have lime disease. We started treatment right away, he appeared to get better. Wednesday brought him back to vet due to weight loss and lack of eating to find that due to his previous medical condition his Kidneys were failing and fast. So my moms dog that I bought for her with the money from first job had to be put down. 12yr old American Bull named Bu.

Well my family saying is as follows. "If it wasnt for bad Luck we would have no Luck at all"

Aint that the truth....

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. RIJohn

Cathic Fish Wrangler

Hate to hear that, sounds terrible, I hope it all turns around and a big lump of cash falls from a plane into your lap.

Cathic, Apr 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. RIJohn

VAreef

Dang man thats horrible. American Bulldogs are such great pets too. Bad luck seems to come in threes so you should now be bad luck free for awhile.

The idea that your home isn't covered is crap. Maybe there is something a lawyer can do. Just because they say they don't owe doesn't mean they don't. At the minimum I would cancel the policy and get one from a differant company.

VAreef, Apr 3, 2010
  4. RIJohn

RIJohn

Thanks

I m not really worried about the money, as much as I am getting my grandmother back into her home.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  5. RIJohn

RIJohn

That Bull was and always be the best in our eyes....

As for bad luck you dont know my family thats for sure.

FEMA is the ONLY flood coverage that we have in RI. No other provider for flood.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  6. RIJohn

VAreef

Can't you put some reef salt in there and say it's salt water? I live in the TN mountains. I can buy flood insurance. How in the world is it possible that they won't insure you for flooding. This is an example of where insurance companies should be regulated. Why can't you buy a policy to just protect your home? Who cares how it got freaking destroyed.

Anyways. I wish you luck in your weeks ahead of bailing and drying. I have been watching the reports about how bad it is. I wish there was something I could actually do to help you out.

VAreef, Apr 3, 2010
  7. RIJohn

RIJohn

Funny thing is that is what I asked.

The Flood insurance is there but only covers salt water.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  8. RIJohn

VAreef

So how do they know it ISNT salt water? Also what is the definition they use for Salt water? I dunno I kinda wish I was a lawyer sometimes. If someone could make a case for Grandma to get her home fixed it would really be great.

VAreef, Apr 3, 2010
  9. RIJohn

RIJohn

FEMA Rep came to the house and took a water sample. I dont know how there was no salt though, its a Brackish river and we salt for snow...

So in theory there should have been salt in the water.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  10. RIJohn

VAreef

Go get 20 bags of rock salt dump it in and tell em more water came in they need to test again.

VAreef, Apr 3, 2010
  11. RIJohn

RIJohn

I so wish I could..... but that wont fly.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  12. RIJohn

VAreef

Beat up the insurance adjuster until he caves?

VAreef, Apr 3, 2010
  13. RIJohn

RIJohn

LOL

Its a women.... I have some morals and I do mean some, hitting women is not something I can do.

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  14. RIJohn

Smitty

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear of all your family troubles...I wish you and the family all the best.

Smitty, Apr 3, 2010
  15. RIJohn

Leslee

WOW! March has been rough on you! I wish you and your family the best!

Leslee, Apr 3, 2010
  16. RIJohn

RIJohn

Well after are first family motto is our second one...

Turn your cheek hold your head up high a keep on truckn

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  17. RIJohn

Bifferwine I am a girl

I'm sorry to hear about your crappy month, RIJohn. Unfortunately, flood insurance is notorious for not holding up their end of the bargain when homes are destroyed! Not only FEMA, but also private companies. Remember during Hurricane Katrina when the insurance companies ruled that they would not cover any of the homes because they were technically destroyed by "rain" not floodwaters? Even though the rain caused floodwaters... They are sneaky SOBs.

Hopefully you will have some recourse over time, the flooding in RI was so bad that lots of homes were lost. There are lots of people in your situation and groups of angry people can be very powerful.

Bifferwine, Apr 3, 2010
  18. RIJohn

dcantucson

Sorry to hear of all the troubles. You story would make a good country song. Even to the point of the dog dying. :(

dcantucson, Apr 3, 2010
  19. RIJohn

RIJohn

Whats ironic on this situation is that the area has been deamed or deemed a disaster zone. FEMA Flood insurance wont cover the costs of the repairs but FEMA themselves are covering the cost of the repairs.

Dont know how that works?

The Dog dying was the icing on the cake.

Seems like April is starting off pretty crappy to, its 5am here in RI woke up 2hrs ago with a super killer pain in my jaw.... 8 tylenols, one vike, and oral gel is doing nothing. A trip to the dentist in morning when every they open for emergency extraction and posible root canal in the morning.

OH JOY

RIJohn, Apr 3, 2010
  20. RIJohn

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

Sorry to hear.

motorcyclereefer, Apr 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question