Marco Rock Good ?

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
I was looking around for cheap dry rock for the new tank when we get it set up. I want to change tanks as inexpensive as possible. I seen this Marco Rock. and was wondering if it's an okay rock to use. I can get 100 pounds for $232.00. Ships free. Any thoughts ?
Thanks ..

I highly reccomend marco rocks, elimate the possiblity of nasty hitchhikers that can be found on live rock like aptasia, bubble algae and a million other things. :) Keep in mind to keep your tank pest free there are also other steps that you must take like dipping every piece of coral you buy before it goes in your tank, and never poor water from someone elses system into yours. Do this and you will save yourself lotttts of headaches.

Last edited:
I personally have never had experience with this rock, but I know of a guy who got a bunch, and it ended up leaching a bunch of phosphate, so just be aware of that. Other than that, I've heard nothing but good stuff about Marco Rocks.

It's a great product, I used about 100 pounds of it when I set up my 75. And what's even better is they're now selling the rocks with flat bottoms for you to place on the bottom of your tank. I really wish they had that when I set up my tank.

It's a great product, I used about 100 pounds of it when I set up my 75. And what's even better is they're now selling the rocks with flat bottoms for you to place on the bottom of your tank. I really wish they had that when I set up my tank.

That's what I was hoping for. When I bought the ones in there now, they weren't pretty and no flat spots. But, I didn't know what to look for.

you can also email marc and ask for various sizes and shapes your looking for and hes really good at sending what matches your description.

Back