Marco Rocks.com

RIJohn

Reefing newb
So today I have placed an order with Marcorocks.com.

First I would like to say that there website is fairly simple to navigate around to find what your looking for.

Now actually getting to purchase what you wanted is a different story. I tried purchasing 10lbs of rubble which is the minium but kept saying I didnt have enough, tried increasing the weight to 20lbs and it did not work. So no big deal really but just wanted to mention it.

Next I noticed they had 25lbs of Nano rocks for a good price. So I went to purchase that clicked on the image and it said 15lbs? Went to add to cart which website says in stock, but was denied for not enough rock....?????

On the plus was able to pick Fed Ex instead of UPS, which makes me super happy, not a fan of the UPS...

So Over all I made my purchase with a little uneasiness but have heard great things so I will give them a shot.

I will update the post when the ROCK arrives. :Cheers:
04/03/10 Saturday

So not sure if I should be worried or not I ordered 50lbs of dry Rock and 15lbs of rubble for new sump/fuge I am building.

Anyways got email today with tracking number with weight of shipment, the items are on the way in one box but in only weighs 54.5lbs?

Should I be worried?

So the rock arrived today and let me tell you I love. Looks really heavy but pieces are nice and light. I have photos cant upload full size

4506069169_288be8c532_m.jpg
4506705284_b997eb4185_m.jpg

I ordered a 25 lb box of their rock a few days ago with the free shipping. Suprised it was delivered today on a Saturday! Usually gotta pay extra for that. Besides a few crumbles in the bottom they were all very nice rocks. Very porous and perfectly sized.

On Sunday,I ordered 160lbs of aragonite sand for $109 including shipping.Which alone is a smoking deal.What arrived on Wenesday was 150lbs of Marco dry rocks.According to the website 150lbs is around $400 plus shipping.I had emailed them that they sent the wrong thing.They said keep it and are now sending me the sand.What a deal,160lbs of sand and 150lbs of rock for $109.The rocks so so porous and lightweight.They even connect together to make a very natural looking arch.

P5082137.jpg

P5082139.jpg

I'm going to use 25lbs to play around with.I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the rocks.I already have 300lbs of live rock in a big rubbermaid tub.

I got this company confused with another company that digs their rock from down in the ground. Coral reefs that have been burried for many years.

my cousin and I ordered 200lbs from them and he is having a terrible po4 problem and i have some of that rock too that i have yet to introduce to my tank. Im going to soak it in RO and test the water for po4 before i do. I was just curious if you all had seen any problems with your rock.

I imagine not because its found on beaches and not dug from the ground.

Their website is a usability nightmare and they didn't return any of my phone calls - but my order arrived on time and the rocks were fantastic. I ordered base rock for my 120 upgrade and it was packed well and white as snow. Was really pleased with the type of rock, formations, how porous they are, etc.

must have been an off day, my service was excellent i even got to choose the general shapes of the rocks how many how big ect. sorry to hear the cs wasnt great for you, glad to here you like the rocks though!

after seeing all the good reviews i got 50 Pound box Key Largo Rock,
Now Pre Cured and Free Shipping
to finish rockwork in my sw tank. this should be good to just toss in the tank w/o having to worry about a miny-cycle right?

On Sunday,I ordered 160lbs of aragonite sand for $109 including shipping.Which alone is a smoking deal.What arrived on Wenesday was 150lbs of Marco dry rocks.According to the website 150lbs is around $400 plus shipping.I had emailed them that they sent the wrong thing.They said keep it and are now sending me the sand.What a deal,160lbs of sand and 150lbs of rock for $109.The rocks so so porous and lightweight.They even connect together to make a very natural looking arch.

P5082137.jpg

P5082139.jpg

If you need to get rid of some, I can take it off your hands! haha!

I ordered 120lbs of sand from these guys and it showed up in 3 boxes, fairly quickly. But it has A LOT of super fine white crap. I didnt rinse it out because I thought 120lbs would take way too long, so I thought I would take 3 or 4 days of cloudy tank. However it was cloudy for 2 weeks while I ran an HOB to try to clear it up. And now any time I move some rock or my pistol shrimp moves and digs out a new home my tank is cloudy for like 2 days because of all the fine crap that's buried and gets disturbed. Good price for the sand, but I think I'd go with something else if I were to order sand again, or take a couple hours and rinse it VERY VERY WELL!

Got my rocks from them as well.. no complaints from me. My tank was clear in just a few hours but I have a much smaller tank.

Back