Marcorocks.com

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
19 days since i've ordered a 50lb box of base rock. I ordered on the 1st and my credit card was billed on the 5th. there are many people in the same boat right now. Some guy on Reefcentral has been waiting 47 days for his order! I would not use this vendor. he does not answer his phone, reply to emails or update his site for shipment info. I couldn't gather up enough thumbs down for this one so i hope this works instead :pooh::pooh:

19 days since i've ordered a 50lb box of base rock. I ordered on the 1st and my credit card was billed on the 5th. there are many people in the same boat right now. Some guy on Reefcentral has been waiting 47 days for his order! I would not use this vendor. he does not answer his phone, reply to emails or update his site for shipment info. I couldn't gather up enough thumbs down for this one so i hope this works instead :pooh::pooh:
:sfish: I think we can all expect services from people supplying products from reefs to only get worse from here on in. They will definitely not get better. We have definitely run out of other nations precious resources to exploit. Every where our plundering buyers go to set up business our preservationists and environmentalists follow and set about their business. We have surprisingly been able to plunder Fiji's reefs as long as what we have. :bounce:

agreed fatman. i will probably be going to scavenge around for a bunch of Utah rock and sand if i can ever find the time to go drive out there.

well i do know one thing. and that is Dr.marcorocks.com

seriously though sorry you had to wait so long for the rocks. thats too bad.

The waiting isn't the hardest part about it, i've heard nothing but good about his rocks and 20 days is worth waiting for a good product. the worst part about it is his customer service. he does not answer his phone or reply to voicemail often and he does not reply to emails. if he's not shipping any rock i dont know why he doesn't have time or someone that can answer emails or phones. Also one of the things i didn't like was that I ordered on the 1st and my card was billed on the 5th IMO you should not bill the card until that persons products are in stock and/or the order is being filled and ready for shipping, cause now if i want to cancel my order i have to try and get in contact with him...yeah right.

I agree with you on the billing, I don't think someone should be billed until whatever they ordered is sent out. I've heard good things about Marco Rocks, and it's a shame if their customer service sucks. No matter how good of a product you sell, if you have crappy customer service, you will lose business.

I agree with you on the billing, I don't think someone should be billed until whatever they ordered is sent out. I've heard good things about Marco Rocks, and it's a shame if their customer service sucks. No matter how good of a product you sell, if you have crappy customer service, you will lose business.
:bounce: Marco Rocks is probably a one or two man operation. I imagine he probably wants to crawl in a hole about now. It is doubtful he has had to deal with this in such a fashion before or he would not have tapped the accounts. I know several Aquarium trade people and they google their company name any time this type of thing happens, or any time business is slow or surprisingly heavy, just to see what if anything is being said about their businesses on the different aquarium forums. I imagine Marco Rocks is being flamed on more forums right now than just this one. :^:

Unfortunately I think Marcorocks is a victim of their own success. He has got lower supply with very high demand. Its a shitty way to do business granted hopefully he can make it right.

Unfortunately I think Marcorocks is a victim of their own success. He has got lower supply with very high demand. Its a shitty way to do business granted hopefully he can make it right.
:bounce: I would venture to guess, his average demand with no supply. :^:

well i got my rock today and i must say BEST ROCK EVER! definitly worth the wait. i'll post some pics of the stuff once it's done soaking. theres a lot more than i expected to get. lots of large pieces and lots of smaller pieces.

I really wonder how much longer it will be that Fiji rock is available to anybody. It is obviously rock from the ocean, not mined rock. They are even mariculturing rock in the pacific now. I really think the days of such rock being available are not great in number. I think in days or months (not years) the exporting will be stopped. The more influence the American government has the quicker the countries quit exporting. We definitely can not get rock or corals from the Philippines, Guam, or even Puerto Rico. To much influence by the American government. They shut down there before they shut down Florida. There are teams of environmentalists, ecologists and environmental scientists in the pacific trying to shut down the harvesting of reef products. They are training industry there to set up mariculture/aquaculture facilities. They are gaining more and more support daily.

Gotta give some support to Marco Rocks. I purchased 30 lbs, was personally emailed by Marco, and everything arrived as expected. It is unfortunate he has not keep in touch with his current customers and hopefully he will take quick action to correct this problem. I do think it is a small (possibly one man) operation that is going through some market changes.

Gotta give some support to Marco Rocks. I purchased 30 lbs, was personally emailed by Marco, and everything arrived as expected. It is unfortunate he has not keep in touch with his current customers and hopefully he will take quick action to correct this problem. I do think it is a small (possibly one man) operation that is going through some market changes.
I agree he is probably a one man operation and that there are marketing problems, but that the problems stem from a lack of guaranteed availability of supplies. Between pressures to cease harvesting rock and the ever increasing demand for live rock rock from so many old and new buyers the availability of his rock, which is live rock that did not get purchased and has since dried out, is only going to get worse.

i posted some picks in my tank thread, heres a link My Tank

Towards the bottom of that page. the whiter rock is of course the new rock. I had to cut some of em in half and even into thirds to use em.

I'm from Massachusetts and met Marco here in Cape Cod. He is a great guy and his product is outstanding. Most of my base rock is from him, and I am thrilled with it. I have had such great experiences with him, I was a bit shocked to see the thumbs down on this post. As it turns out, it looks like most people here are posting good things about his product. Is there anyway to turn that thumbs down to a thumbs up, or at least a nutural?

it is pretty good stuff but before he got the key largo stuff to sell he had a hard time keeping things in stock and when he ran out, he was out for awhile. it does seem like he is getting stock in more regularly now though

Back