Marine Depot

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
My first purchase from them was fine and great.

My second time dealing with them I just went to their website I had bookmarked that must have kept something I added to the cart to check shipping like we all do it and automatically glitched and charged a 2nd protein skimmer to my account. I had to email and call them to get it cancelled by the next day which they had great support for.

Now just recently I was checking my bank statement and see a charge of $168 from Marine Depot and I call them. After searching around they find out that somehow there was a "glitch" and my credit card was charged for someone elses purchase. They even had the last name. Of course the whole identity theft thing was going through my head, but they kept trying to tell me that it was just a glitch and I will be immediately refunded and that person will be called and yada yada.

Personally I dunno if I am buying this whole glitch thing and am thinking more along the lines that some employee stole my identity and charged it and they are covering it up. All in all the girl who helped me through it was very nice and supportive and apologetic, but that still doesn't make me want to deal with this company again. One glitch is a problem, two glitches is insane.

You may never have a problem with this site, but I am going to stay away.

That's surprising to hear about them, they are consistently a good vendor, but I too would be totally freaked out if my card got "accidentally" charged for someone else's purchase. No way should that happen.

I have always gotten great service from them even after venting on them by email. They have always bent over bckwards to please me. I would still be paying three times as much for quickly shipped sand if they had not told me that I can get UPS ground to Alaska with a 300 pound shipment or larger. My other choices were three times as expensive or general freight by truck and wait 4 weeks for its arrival. I got UPS ground in 4 days (to Alaska). My only problems with them is the same problems I have with all the suppliers, shipping costs.

i would have definately hit them up for some free stuff for that mistake they made. for the inconvenience throw in a free (insert fish that works in a 46 bow here)

sorry to hear about the hassles man

The first mistake was his and his alone. The customer must delete orders even if you did not complete them. They do not disapear on their own. The second mistake was theirs. Fifty fifty, sounds like everyone involved is human. Give em a break. Out of thousands and thousands of sells any retailers are bound to make some mistakes. Look at banks, the most regulated businesses existing and they often screw up.

I've had pretty good luck with them so far. got first order quickly no problems. Second order is in route as we speak and no problems with that order so far.

I have been doing business with um for several years now. The customer service has been excellent, the support has been great. sorry to hear of your difficulty. call them again and see if all is fixed. post back here and let us know if you are still having any difficulties.

I agree with John. For a large store they provide good customer service and support even to me up here in Alaska. I do not like drop shipping much and have noticed very little of that is done by them. They are price competitive and carry some pretty good lines of merchandice. Some a lot better than Drs. Foster and Smith.

I got all my money back and everything was fine, but I am still not gonna do business with a company that mixes up peoples credit card numbers. Never heard anything about what went on with the other guy, but thats prob confidential anyway.

I was told that thousands compete for first place, there is very little competition for second place, so take it easy on your self and go for second place.

I am of the opinion based on the posts that everything has been straightened out and that Marine Depot has corrected the errors.

They have, but if I hadn't studied my bank account statement closely I would never have found and and I doubt that Marine Depot would have notified me out of the blue.

i can guarantee they wouldnt have because they'd basically being calling to say "hey we screwed up royally so go ahead and sue us"
:bounce: Are you kidding, sue a bank. That is as hilarious as someone saying they know a honest lawyer, an honorable judge, or a righteous cop. :^:

Back