Marine salt

Slimkasey

Reefing newb
Can anybody recommend a good salt on the market?

I'm about to run out of my Coralife (got a great dea) but now I can't get it up here anymore.

Right now I should be able to finish my cycle, but how drastic is it to just change salts?

Im using red sea coral pro, works great dissolves fast. Much finer compared to other salts ive used. Also heard great things about Marine Tropic.

Thanks gang, eventually I want to add coral into the tank, but it'll just be fish first and let the tank get established and then the coral. any salts recommended to assist in the coral growth aspect?

Each of the major salts available have slightly different profiles. I actually think its a good thing to change salts once in a while, as you might be able to get a salt that is a little higher in a trace element that your last salt may have been lacking in. I've gone through several of the larger buckets now - each time I need to buy a new one, I go with a different brand

I've used Oceanic, Instant Ocean, and Coralife salts - all of them were good in my opinion. The next time I need salt I want to try either Kent or Red Sea Pro

Back