Marineland Reef Capable LED System?

I'm piecing together my new 150 gallon reef tank, and was wondering if anyone has this or has any experience with the Marineland Reef Capable LED System? I just want to make sure that I will be getting sufficient lighting? Thanks for reading.

It's unlike that the marineland LEDs would be able to keep much in a tank deeper than 12"-15".

But +1 on finsanity.

Hello Reefstarter. I don't know of anyone who has the marineland reef capable unit on a 150. I have the 48-60 inch unit on my 60 gallon and have happy corals and good growth. I also don't have anything difficult, I have mushrooms, a duncan, various polyps/palys whatever you want to call them, and zoas. I've had it up since September.
There are others on here who also successfully use these lights as well. Again, I've yet to hear experience from anyone that has tried on a 150 so I'm not going to say one way or another but I DO know that my tank is deeper than 12 inches and I have corals on the bottom of the tank so people without experience with these should not just say they will not work beyond 12 inches. ;) I think that's the part that frustrates me.
Good luck with your light selection and let us know how it goes!

Hello Reefstarter. I don't know of anyone who has the marineland reef capable unit on a 150. I have the 48-60 inch unit on my 60 gallon and have happy corals and good growth. I also don't have anything difficult, I have mushrooms, a duncan, various polyps/palys whatever you want to call them, and zoas. I've had it up since September.
There are others on here who also successfully use these lights as well. Again, I've yet to hear experience from anyone that has tried on a 150 so I'm not going to say one way or another but I DO know that my tank is deeper than 12 inches and I have corals on the bottom of the tank so people without experience with these should not just say they will not work beyond 12 inches. ;) I think that's the part that frustrates me.
Good luck with your light selection and let us know how it goes!

Happy 1,000th post!

Phastroh has these on his 220 after getting them for free from Marineland and he said that he would not recommend them for a tank that size. While a 150 is not a 220, its a very similar footprint

Phastroh has these on his 220 after getting them for free from Marineland and he said that he would not recommend them for a tank that size. While a 150 is not a 220, its a very similar footprint

Phastroh has the marineland metal halide system doesn't he?

He had that and had issues, so they gave him several of the reef capable LED's in an effort to correct some of the customer service issues he had

Gotta say marineland is great with their cumstomer service. I originally had the marineland doublebrights, some of the whites crapped out on me. I emailed them sent me a replacement, no questions asked or anything. So now i got 1 and 1/2 double brights that i dont even use, since i got my t5s. Props to marineland though.

Marineland has great customer service, I totally agree Washburn. I got my system off of ebay and the seller forgot/didn't include the cord transformer thingy (super technical, sorry guys) I called Marineland and they sent me one the next day, no charge, no questions asked. How nice is that?? I do remember reading Phastroh's thread now, THAT was a huge mess. I wouldn't call that a typical situation at all.

Awesome thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm going to go with finsanity led system. I was just interested in the marineland due to the price of the unit. Does anyone happen to have the finsanity system of any size?

Awesome thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm going to go with finsanity led system. I was just interested in the marineland due to the price of the unit. Does anyone happen to have the finsanity system of any size?

I have the 66 LED system on my 75 gallon and all my corals including my few sps corals are growing very well. They're a little on the white side though...

Back