Marineland Reef Capable Lights

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
I was wondering if anyone has anything good to say about these lights? Will they limit my coral choices drastically? Will they allow other corals to thrive? Any info would be great. I still need lights for my 60" 120 gallon, and I may sell my brand new MH's and get some for my 36" if they are good.

Thank you

Have you tried to do a search using the search option above? I am sure there are several of these threads that discuss these lights.

I think its pretty debatable. There are some good LEDs but I dont think these are up to par.

:)

We've had 2 or 3 threads about these lights in the last 2 days! Seems like a hot topic!

They are not good enough for most corals -- softies would likely be fine, but you may have a challenge keeping other things.

I have this lighting system and its good for me so far but have all easy corals too. Zoas, recorder, Kenya tree, hammer, frogspawn, xenia. Everything is thriving for me. Little zoas are popping up all over as well as xenia but i have been told that this light is going to limit me as for other corals.

Do you have a single fixture?

I have this lighting system and its good for me so far but have all easy corals too. Zoas, recorder, Kenya tree, hammer, frogspawn, xenia. Everything is thriving for me. Little zoas are popping up all over as well as xenia but i have been told that this light is going to limit me as for other corals.

Beeguiles, do you have other tank photos so I could see how your tank is looking? You are the first to say that you have had success with this, but I assume most people dont have experience with the light directly.

Here is a pic of my tank right now. It's only been two months since I set it up but I think my corals would have given some kind of sign if they didn't like the lighting. They still have to grow in a lot but I have had at least three or four new zoa Polyps in the last couple weeks popping up on each small colony. And i have a maxi mini anemone that seems to be happy.

https://www.livingreefs.com/members...allon-reef-picture1146-rps20110518-222208.jpg

Back