marinland reef led lighting progress

I am just going by what the description of the item says.

It states that it is equivalent to an 18" light fixture with 2 t5 HO in it. Which would be a 40 watt fixture. 18 watt t5 HO are 20 watts.

It also says it is good for soft corals and live rock. I wouldn't try keeping anything else under it.

I have the same light. I liked it when I got it a couple weeks ago but now I defiantly wanna upgrade. I'm going to take the plunge and try the Ecotech Radion when taxes come in. I want a hanging light and the programmable features look nice. The marine land is okay but it is too white and I don't like that there are no options. I made my tank the way I wanted it and put everything exactly how I wanted, I want the same versatility with my lighting too!

I'm going to experimentally try running my ML on my 90 gallon upgrade. It's been great in my 50 gallon, but I'm not sure how it'll handle the increased depth and width of the 90. I know that right now it's bright enough that I've had to shade my poor little duncan. He's been temperamental where the lighting is concerned. The zoas and acans seem to LOOOOOVE it though. They are sprouting new heads like crazy, and that makes me a happy coral mama! As far as timing goes, I have my light set to come on at noon, and at about 8 I turn it to moonlights only. Then I just switch them off at 10 when we go to bed. I have the 48" fixture, as I wanted maximum coverage the entire length of my tank. The heat output is minimal, and is directed out the top of the fixture, so it doesn't really affect tank temperature at all.

Just 3 weeks in my tank and pretty good growth if I do say so myself. Yes it's under a reef capable light. Was under 250w MH in the LFS.

First was December 3rd
Second was December 22nd

Attachments

• Pink Birdsnest 12-3-11.jpg
    Pink Birdsnest 12-3-11.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Pink Birdsnest 12-22-11.jpg
    Pink Birdsnest 12-22-11.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 295
neat. that's aiptasia on the bottom of your frag now, isn't? i was able to just take a sharp blade and scrape it off my frag that had it and it was good as gone and that was a week ago.

thanks for the photo comparison. i don't know if i see so much growth as extension because of acclimation, though.

I should have taken a picture of the side when I got it. There is only 1 good branch to compare with in these pictures. its the small one on the main stem above the big branch on the left side. You can see that there is about 1/8in of growth (I am saying the growth is the tip which is still white because its new and hasnt become pink yet.)

EDIT:
It also has a sharper tip than the first pic.

Thats alright wash. You could still post in here about your tanks progress. or even make another thread for the double bright. I am actually kind of curious as to how well the double bright performs!

Here's some growth shots of my green birdsnest. I noticed today that the tips are starting to fork off. It was just single tips now the single tip is turning into two tips.

Taken November 14thish.
IMAG1456.jpg

Taken December 23rd. Some polyps ate closed bc I was trying to get them all to close so you could see the forked tips better.
IMAG1541.jpg

Oh yea Haha those grew too! Here is another shot of the birdsnest right after I turned the lights on. You can see the tips starting to split in two.
IMAG1546.jpg

Back